Chapter 19:The horrible truth

I shut the brief case and closed my eyes I wiped my face with my hands and opened the brief case again hoping the results would change i stepped away from the brief case I left the room and went down the hallway looking for Jamie I opened the door to her room but it was empty I continued down the hallway and on the ground in front of me Jamie was laying on the ground I ran over to her and turned her onto her back.
"Liam I'm sorry, take this" she said handing me a radio
"There watching you go to the basement there's no cameras" she said again
"Who's watching me" I asked
"The..." she tried to reply but her eyes closed and she let out one more breath. I got up and looked at her a big scratch on her chest. I put the radio in my pocket and went back to Jamie's room and got a blanket to cover her with I threw the blanket over her and carried her back to her room I laid her on her bed and left the room I continued down the hallway until I found the stairs that would lead me to the basements I walked down them and walked down the hallway and a voice started saying "Liam" I picked up the radio pushed the button and said "Who is this".
"Liam listen carefully continue down the hallway you are in until you reach the elevator get in it and push 3-1-4 and then the red button that says emergency" the voice said
"Who are you" I said louder
" I don't have much time just do it, trust me" the voice replied I put it back in my pocket and walked down the hallway until I found the elevator and got in side and clicked the floor three then the one and then the four and then the emergency button the screen on the elevator read zero then it started shaking and then it dropped speeding up and then It suddenly stopped and now the sign read observation then the doors opened. I stepped into the hallway it was black with blue lights on the ceiling I walked down it until I heard people talking I peeked around the corner and two guards where talking but they weren't gargants they where normal they looked like police with shotguns in there hand I pulled my head back immediately so they couldn't see me and then the voice on the radio said.
"Liam listen to me carefully you need to throw the radio and I will make it blow up but before you do that when you get past these guards the first door on your right go into it and get another radio"
I took the radio in my hand and took a deep breath peeking around the corner I tossed the radio toward them it landed on the ground in front of them the looked at it puzzled and it blew up. When the lingering fire was gone I walked up to them and took a shotgun from one of them and walked to the door I was instructed to go to and opened the door but it was locked I got my key card and swiped it the light on the door lite up red and I walked over to the bodies and got the card from there pocket and swiped it the light lite up green and the door clicked open I went in there was a bunch of computers I looked at them they were the cameras in one of the cameras I saw the two dead guards that had just blown up I looked around the room and picked a radio from the supply shelf immediately the voice said "ok now leave the room and the hallway will split into three ways go left and walk down that hallway until it ends and go into the room to your right".
"Ok" I said I left the room and did what the voice said walked down the hallway turned left and continued until it ended and opened the door to my right inside there was a metal cage and a computer across the room on the camera was me I looked around the room and found a camera in the corner.
"In here" a voice said but not in the radio this time
I looked into the cage and there was a girl sitting in the cage with a radio in her hand "can you get me out of here" she said " your the voice on the radio" I said
She shook her head and said "Liam it's me, don't you remember me" she said
I looked at her "Mom!?" She nodded her head at me tears ran down my face I pulled my key card out of my pocket and unlocked the cage door she stepped out and hugged me.
"We need to leave now this place is..." She said but stopping before she could finish because I interrupted her "my friends are here there sick" I said
"I know,I work for the people who run this place... well I did until I saw you come in and they knew you where my son so they thought that I couldn't do what I needed to do if you where a patient but I cured you before the virus attached to you"
"What exactly do you do in this place" I asked
"We made a virus and a cure but we put gas outside so when a person walks in the gas they fall a sleep and we can inject them with the virus and train them and use them as weapons to kill the gargants but the virus kills he person it infects and there's people here called the council they started this its a group of five people they are wicked people and are ruthless we must escape now" she said
"Ok but where getting my friends out of here" I said
She nodded and ran out of the room I followed but two guards appeared in front of us I held up my shot gun and shot one of them fell on the ground I pointed the gun at the other one and he put his ha da in the air my mother picked up his gun and hit him in the face with the gun she turned down the hallway and yelled to me "stay here I'll be back in a minute" I stood there till she returned she had a case that said cure on the side  she ran back to the elevator and we went back up to the main floor but when the elevator door opened an alarm sounded and she started running to the room Abraham was in we walked in and she opened the tube Abraham fell out onto the floor "the council is coming we need to hurry" she injected him and he woke up a couple seconds later coughing but there was no black liquid he stood up confused. "I'll explain later come with us" I said.
"Ok" Abraham said we all walked to my friends room and Abraham said "who's this" pointing to my mother
"This is my mother Lilly" i said. Lilly put the cure on the table and I opened the cure and then looked at my friends. Lilly was examining Abraham to make sure he was ok there where only three shots of cure and four of my friends I looked up at my friends again took one of the cures and opened janes tube and gave her the cure she woke up and Lilly took her over to the corner of the room to examine her then I opened Nathan's tube and used another shot on him he woke up and walked over to Lilly I looked at the last two tubes I opened both tubes holding the cure in my hand Jane walked over to me and took the cure for my hand and used it on Naomi. Jane helped her up and walked her over to Lilly when Lilly was done examining Naomi she walked over to and looked at Julian and then the cure case she pulled another cure shot out of her pocket and handed it to me. "You had another one?" I asked
"Just in case" she said smiling I used the last one on Julian and we left the room following Lilly she lead us to a room with a huge metal door and on the side of room where gas masks we put them on so the sleeping gas wouldn't effect us. Lilly opened the door and we started running across the desert the sand blowing on our faces when we were far enough away we took the gas masks off. In the distance was a huge fortress "there's the gargants headquarters" Lilly said pointing to the fortress