Chapter 17:The leak

I opened my eyes and wiped my mouth black liquid oozing from it I stood up and looked out from the glass in front of me it was a room different from the one they put me in when I got here. The room was all white with two metal tables and a window in the front of the room with two people watching me one of them walked in and said
"I'm dr. Jamie I need to run a few tests on you is that ok" she asked
A circle in the glass opened I put my arm through it and she stuck a needle in me and started taking my blood when she had a vile she put the cap on it and started walking away I hit the glass and said "what's wrong with me and my friends"
She turned around and replied "you and your friends are very sick, when the war started me and my team of doctors were experimenting with genetic mutation to make a human have powers like unusually strong or big but instead we created a virus that could wiped out a whole country in hours we tried to contain it but soldiers came and the virus surrounded the building in a two mile radius and it is the deadliest thing on the planet, and you and your friends walked through it inhaling it immediately".
"So can't you cure us" I said
"There's no cure but where working on it right now, where running out of supplies".
She opened the door and shut it behind her and I fell on the ground and my leg started stinging I pulled up my pant leg and there was a little black blister I pulled my pant leg back down and tried to relax but I was hot and itchy and sore all over. Eventually the door opened back up and two doctors came I this time
"This is my partner Dr. Evans" Jamie said he walked up to the glass and studied my symptoms and clicked a couple of buttons on the monitor and the glass swung open I stepped out and Evan caught me.
"Why did u do that what if I infect you guys?" I asked
"The virus effected you in a total different way then the others you can't give it to anyone, your sick because your body is pushing the virus out of your system" Jamie said
"It's totally impossible but it's happening" Evan said nodding his head at me
"Where are my friends" I said sitting down in a chair by the glass tube I was in.
"I can take you to them but I must warn you they are very sick" Evan said
"Ok" I said standing up "first lets take you to your room" Jamie said
She walked back through the doors and got two guns fully loaded she handed one to Evan and he put it in is holster and started walking to the exit door on the side of the room "what's the gun for" I asked. "I had a team of eight working on this and six of them got infected they are in the final stage of the virus infection they became monsters that can run fast and are strong, but very crazy."
Evan opened the door and me and Jamie followed it was a hallway the lights above flickered the hallway was small and pipes ran down one side of the hallway there was a few doors on the sides of the hallway and I heard a scream behind me I turned around there was a man infected by the virus his eyes were all black and there was black blisters all over his arms. I grabbed the gun out of Evans holster and shot at him I hit him in the chest black liquid dripped out of his chest but he kept running I shot again it didn't even affect him I shot until the bullets where empty and then I threw the gun to Evan and started running at the infected man he jumped on me I fell to the ground I pushed him off me and picked him back up and slammed him into the wall he grabbed me and threw me down the hallway I slid across the floor and slammed my back on a pipe. Jamie started shooting at him he turned towards her and started walking towards her I got up and ran toward him and wrapped my legs around his neck we both fell to the ground I tightened my legs around his neck and he started chocking up black liquid he punched me in the stomach I flew back into Evan Jamie helped us up and we started running for the door he was running at us very fast there was a pipe sticking out of the wall I grabbed it and swung it at the man and I hit him in the head he fell on his back and i ran into the room with Jamie and Evan in the room was Abraham in one of the glass tubes Jamie walked over to the table there was a few needles on the table a microscope and a few machines that I didn't know what they were. She drew some of his blood and put it in one of the machines and when a light came one she took it out and put it under a microscope she waved her hand at me signaling me to come over to her I did and looked into the microscope I saw a blood cell one red and one black the black one touched the red one and they were both black now. I lifted my eyes off the microscope and looked at her.
"What does this mean" I asked
"The affect of the virus on him is its eating him from the inside it will start with his kidneys and stomach and then his heart and brain" Jamie said
"There's five stages he's in stage four in stage five the virus is no longer possible to cure so we need to hurry" Jamie said
"You guys work here I'm going to find the rest of my friends" I replied
"Ok but take this and don't let them out no matter what" she said handing me a weird looking gun
I popped the mag out of it and there was about twenty tranquilizer darts I put the mag back in the gun and left the room and I heard the door lock behind me and turned down the hallway there was a bunch of doors I looked at all the tags and one said new patients I opened the door and stepped in there was four glass tubes there was a tag on each one that said Nathan, Naomi, Julian, and Jane I ran over to them and I touched the glass Jane was sitting on the bottom of the tube and I moved over to Julian's tube he was standing up he looked normal but his eyes where black and lack
Liquid was pouring out of his eyes mouth and ears Nathan had blisters all over his body he was screaming in pain and then walked over to Naomi's tube she was coughing up black blood it covered the glass in her cage and then the phone rang I walked over to it and picked it up.
"We were studying the blood in all your friends one of them is not your friend the virus is acting like the host and it evolved, one of them is already dead the virus won't have there memory ask questions and find out which one of them is the virus"
"No" I said hanging up the phone I froze in fear I turned and looked at the tubes.