ix. the suspect and the quidditch game

Comenzar desde el principio

Gemmalynn and Harry ignored their teacher rambling and leaned towards each other.

"You heard the voice, didn't you?" Harry whispered.

Gemmalynn nodded as she glanced around the room. "Yeah. It was weird." she whispered back.

"Spooky." Harry mumbled as Gemmalynn frowned and suspiciously looked around the room.

⚡️⚡️⚡️

After their detention, Gemmalynn and Harry quickly passed through the lengthening shadows of the empty corridor.

'Blood... I smell blood...'

Gemmalynn and Harry abruptly stopped cold, looking around for the source of the voice before glancing worriedly at each other.

"Harry, we aren't hearing things are we?" Gemmalynn asked, warily.

'Let me rip you... Let me kill you...'

"Okay, that answers my question."

Harry walked over to the wall, Gemmalyn following behind him. He played his fingers along the stone, then began to walk, slowly at first, then more quickly, as if following something, moving faster and faster. Gemmalynn quietly followed after him without complaints.

'Kill.... Kill!.... Kill!'

Gemmalynn and Harry round a corner and came face to face with Hermione and Ron.

"Harry!"

"Gem!"

"Did you hear it?" Harry asked the two.

Ron and Hermione glanced at each other, confused, then back to their friends.

"Hear what?" Ron asked in confusion.

"That voice." Gemmalynn told him.

Hermione turned to her with a frown. "Voice? What voice?"

Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at each other before looking around suspiciously.

"We heard it first in Lockhart's office." Harry told Ron and Hermione.

Gemmalynn nodded. "And then again, just---"

'Kill... Time to kill...'

"Now!"

Gemmalynn and Harry stiffened as Hermione and Ron stared at them curiously.

"It's moving." Gemmalynn said.

"I think it's going to kill." Harry added.

Gemmalynn and Harry nodded at each other before running off.

"Kill?" Ron asked as he and Hermione exchanged a confused glance and followed after the two.

"Gem, Harry, wait! Not so fast!" Hermione yelled while running after her friends.

Gemmalynn and Harry dashed madly, taking the steps three at a time. They made the landing, rushed through the archway, and they stopped to listen.