Chapter Seventeen ❌

The Cooper's and the Browning's.

Destiny and Lorenzo.

~Nature is at work. Character and destiny are her handiwork. She gives us love and hate, jealousy and reverence. All that is ours is the power to choose which impulse we shall follow~

~3rd~

"Annullare i miei piani per questa sera, ho-" Lorenzo stopped midsentence once he saw Victoria tearing up the closet in a frantic motion.

"Parlerò con te più tardi" He said as he hung up and made his way over towards her.

"Having trouble there?" He asked raising a brow at the damsel in distress. Victoria glanced up at him with a few hair strands hanging from her messy bun. "I can't find the bottoms to my bathing suit and my family is downstairs in the lobby already".

"When was the last time you had them on?".

She stopped what she was doing to think. Her mind went back to the time she had meet Yuri on in the pool that day months ago.

Yuri.

His name stood out the most. His name brought back eerie feelings of something. She hadn't seen or heard from him since that very first night.

It was like he'd disappeared without a trace.

"Like two months ago I think...its been a while" Victoria shrugged as she dugged inside one of the other drawers.

Finally she hit the jackpot pulling out the black bikini bottom. She changed into her swimming wear and grabbed her beach bag.

"Lorenzo are you-" Victoria paused midsentence to see Lorenzo still dressed in his suit. "I thought you were coming with us to the pool".

Lorenzo sighed as he took a few steps to his girlfriend. "I just realized I had to do something this afternoon. I promise I will take you and your familia for dinner this evening bella. I won't disappoint you".

Victoria smiled slightly looking up into his eyes. "You promise?".

"I promise bella". He kissed her forehead and took his leave. "Be ready by eight pm. I have a little surprise for your niece".

She shook her head as Lorenzo left the penthouse with his men.

Time to deal with my family now.

On the way down the elevator to the main floor she began to think of lies to tell them about how she met Lorenzo and why she decided to stay in Italy for so long.

Its not everday someone you love dates a mobster.

She entered into the lobby area to see her family sitting outside the restaurant section in their swim wear.

Here we go.

"Aw my baby. Your skin is glowing. Have you been using the lotion I gave you" Faith asked as she embraced her daughter in a bear hug. "No ma. I think I've been using this thing called happiness".

Little Destiny ran over and wrapped her arms around Victoria's hip as she picked her up. "Happy Birthday baby girl. You're getting so big now I can't even recognize you" Victoria cheered. "Thank you Aunty Tori. I really like Italy and I'm excited to have my birthday here with you".

"Me too Des. I'm so glad I can spend this special day with you. Now let's head on over to the pool".

They made their way over to the pool section and came towards the shallow side. Victoria was surprised it was only her parents and Destiny.