Chapter Four ❌

The view of Rome^

Unedited

Shades of Betrayal.

~Paradise is not a place, it's a state of mind~

|1st|

Woah.

My room was pretty cool and it was only a double standard. Just imagine the Presidential suite...now that would be the shit.

Is it wrong that I'm already exhausted and I technically had a good nights rest? Ugh.

I kicked off my wedges, took off my pants and lies in my bed with my shirt and panties embracing into the plush silk sheets I lie on. I took in a deep breath and turned my head ou the window to see a part of the city. Shock hadn't left my system yet. Maybe, until I leave I will be able to take it all in.

It was now around five p.m. and it was probably around eleven a.m. back home in D.C. most likely that Destiny and Veronica would be up now. My Toshiba laptop was inside my suitcase wrapped up in my clothes that cushioned it. I hooked my phone and laptop onto the wifi for my room and instant calls ,texts ,and emails came pouring in.

A little smile sneakily came on my lips reminding me that I'm not forgotten even though it's only been a day....trust me people often do forget my existence.

Before logging onto Skype, I checked my texts.

Paris: Gurrrllll hows Italy? I bet you havin fun getting dick and all but call me later bc I cnt text it all and I cnt call you cuz long distance be expensive!!

Ms.Dolores: Hi Victoria, I just wanted to check up on you on your vacation. Hope your enjoying the place. Rn I am in Fiji and you have got to check out this paradise also. We will chat later :)

Bryan: Missing you :(

Veronica: Could you plz skype Des NOW! Shes been buggin me to see u

In Veronica's text I could sense the attitude behind it and it fucking annoys the shit out of me. I proceeded on Skype and dialed them with my fingers crossed that Bryan wouldn't be there. What the fuck does he even miss?

"Aunty TORIII" Destiny's childish voice yelled from the other side of the screen. "Hi baby what's going on over there" I asked smiling at her.

"I'm good. Mommy's going to take me to the white house later" Destiny yelled out in excitement. "Wow that's amazing! but, remember you might see the President so you must be on your best behavior!".

Destiny nodded while saluting to me and I copied her move. "I-I captain" We said in union before erupting in laughter.

"C'mon Destiny! Get your bag we are leaving now" Veronica shouted coming over. "I have my bag right here ma, I am talking to Aunty Tori". Finally Mrs. Cooper was on the screen as she gave me an amused smile.

"Well hello there. How's Rome Victoria? Any man yet?" Veronica asked mockingly. My smile fell as I just stare back my sister. My mind went back to the attention I have received from everyone at the hotel...including the girl I met in the elevator Gigi Cappelli.

"Not yet actually I met some people and they seem very nice. Note I've only been here for only an hour".

Veronica looked taken back. "Well isn't that lovely. May I see your room and the view?". The smile found its way back. My room was spacious and overall perfect and don't get me started on the view of the amazing city. "Of course".

I picked my laptop off of the bed and faced it away from my body so I could give her access to the room. "What you see here is my bed" I said as I heard silence from the other line until Destiny went "Woah". Then I took her the remainder of my room including the bathroom which had both a bathtub and a glass shower.