Chapter Fourteen ❌

Victoria^

His Haunted Past. (Alessia tells)

~I never lie to any man because I don't fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you're afraid~

~1st~

Red flashing lights, white lace wrapped around my skin, golden sparkles.

The reflection in the mirror showed myself dressed in a white slip.

The maid placed on the pearls around my neck as my eyes began taking long blinks.

Lights dimmed, dizziness settled in, my mind wasn't right.

Everything was in slow motion as the maid collapsed with a loud thud.

The drink on the dresser began to fizzle...

I looked for Alessia the following day. It was now September and its not as hot as it was when I first came here in June. Not exactly sweater weather but were getting there. Destiny's birthday is coming p in two weeks and I'm not sure if I will be able to celebrate her fifth birthday.

Roses and daisies...seems like a cute yet appropriate enough gift for her.

Alessia is staying in a small house on the vineyards outside of Rome in an unknown location. Arturo sighed as he pulled up to the house. "What happened?" I asked raising a brow.

He shook his head. "Nothing bella just a little tired".

"Are you sure you haven't been acting like yourself lately". Arturo gave me a boyish expression as he turned off the car. "If I told you, you would wish I haven't said it...do you want me to say it" He said leaning closer to my side of the car. Ugh he is so childish at times I cant take him seriously.

"Never mind then" I smiled before exiting out the car with lighting speed. The place seemed empty as if it was dormant for years. The overgrown vineyard vines nearly swallowed the porch area.

I turned to Arturo who was right behind me. "Are you sure this place is secure for Alessia. I don't even see anybody guarding the place".

He chuckled. "If we guarded the place out in the open it would give away that something is going on...step on the grass".

I furrowed my eyebrows and did as I was told. After a second or two I looked back at him. "Nothing is happening".

"Ciao Caspian!" Arturo waved at the grass. I looked closely to see he was right next to me with a gun pointed back at me. I DIDNT EVEN SEE THIS PERSON! "They surround this place in more ways than you could think Victoria".

"Ciao!" He replied and disarmed the gun. I was still speechless as Arturo and this Caspian guy had a full conversation as I tried to calm my racing heart. "You know what. I'm going inside".

I left them two behind as I knocked on the front door. The door opened up to a maid. "Hello may I help you" She asked. "Hi I am here to see Alessia".

Her eyes went huge for a second as Arturo waved at her. "Oh you are with Mr.Catalona okay" She nodded before opening up the even more allowing me inside as she quickly shut it.

Inside the house was beautiful, from the outside you would have never knew how spacious and decorated it was. I looked in amazement and followed her throughout the house into the master bed room. It was set up like a hospital room with a heart monitor, IV, oxygen, and some other medicine hooked up to her body.

I wasn't sure if she was awake as the maid closed the door giving us some privacy. Alessia moaned moving her head slightly. "Meli! Mal di testa"

"Hello and no I am not Meli but do you want me to go get her?" I questioned assuming that Meli is the maid. Alessia finally opened her eyes to see me. "No its fine. Che schifo. Your name is Victoria right?"