Chapter Seven (Part 1) ❌

Italy's Republic Day.

~No one who, like me, conjures up the most evil of those half tamed demons that inhabit the human beast, and seeks to wrestle with them, can expect to come through the struggle unscathed~

|1st|

We all came back to The Catalona around midnight with Gigi drunk as a sailor and Macro and Thomas cracking up. "Waiiiit we have to leave now! ORA!!!" Gigi yelled hanging onto her big brother. "Reasons why I came with you guys. I don't want you to hang out with a drunken Gigi." Thomas said pointing back at me.

I chuckled. "Yeah".

"Victoria you are the most silent woman I've ever met. Do we make you uncomfortable?" Marco asked concerned for my well being. "No its just my personality. I don't talk much unless I have too".

Gigi had jumped off of Marco's back yelled something in Italian and ran to her room. I noticed there was security guards up her on this floor. It wasn't part of the hotel...just living quarters for them. "I settle her down see you guys tomorrow" Thomas sighed going his own way.

Now it was the giant and me.

"So where are you from ?" Marco asked trying to make conversation. "Washington DC...you?" I asked looking up at him.

"Florence...it's just up the road from here. Beautiful and lots of culture" Marco answered while reminiscing his early childhood with me until we went inside the dark penthouse.

"Well I think Lorenzo went to bed by now. It's kinda late. I'll catch up with you tomorrow Victoria" Marco said. I nodded as he leaned down kissing my cheek and left as I locked the doors after him.

So far I was liking everyone else...

I turned back and head straight to my room. I went inside and turned on the light as I kicked off my shoes and undress.

In my peripheral vision I could see Lorenzo standing by the doorway just looking at me.

I nearly jumped out of my skin in fright. His lips twitched hiding in his amusement.

"You're going to have to get use to me popping up out of nowhere. I'm known for that" Lorenzo stated. "Well could you not? I almost had a heart attack" I exclaimed with a little anger coming out.

"Is that what you call shouting? How were you on the debate team" He asked. "In high school they used me as the researcher and stop digging up my personal information" I told him.

I bend down to pick up my pajama pants and place them on a little oblivious to the fact that Lorenzo just got a great angle of my ass but, who cares...everyone's seen ass in their life.
"What took you so long?" Lorenzo spoke up after a moment of silence. For someone who wants a companionship he sure is able to talk to me like one of his men.

"I was with your cousins eating" I replied with it sounding more like a question. "I know but, it doesn't take five hours to eat. I really wanted to talk to you but, I couldn't" He responded in a voice that was unreadable.

"Okay".

"I'm not going to be here tomorrow morning or afternoon so your free for the day but, you will have dinner with me. Am I understood?" Lorenzo asked me with eye contact so heavy.

I couldn't speak but I nodded.

Lorenzo didn't say anything else. All he did was close my door and that was it. No goodnight or anything.

Is it wrong for me to ask him why is he the way he is?

~~~~~

Today I woke up feeling a hundred times better than yesterday.