Epilogue

Do you really expect everything to be hunky dory in my life? No right. Good because if you did, you have more faith in the higher powers than I do. And you're in for a lot of disappointment. I told you from the beginning itself that me and God are not on good terms.

But things weren't entirely bad. I had Alex and we were still in the goo goo eyes stage (it's only been eight months since our marriage ). Ruby and my father are equally happy in their marriage. Mami and Papi are in good spirits. My mother is slowly and steadily warming upto her new husband and her new life. My relationship with my mother is on the mend. Rhonda, Cady and Sophia are my new best friends. Adrian is busy handling his investigative agency and is currently working with Seamus on getting the saboteurs of his campaign behind bars. Levi is really happy in New York with his new internship. In fact he performed a very difficult procedure under his mentor's guidance last week. We're all really proud of him.

Now lets recount my problems. Ronald has still not let go off his so called love for me. It has progressed from puppy love to creepy love. Yes he has been stalking me. And it has irritated my husband so much that his possessive instincts went on overdrive. There is a restraining order against Ronald and I have two bodyguards Eddie (Eduardo Gomez) and Jack (Jackson Davis). Both of them are ex Special Forces and handpicked by Alex.

***

ONE MONTH BACK,

Alex and I were on our way to a Charity Gala for Oral Cancer. We'd just finished having a romantic dinner for two at Le Mondes and honestly I really didn't want to spend the rest of the evening socialising with near strangers. But the cause was a worthy one and deserved our attendance. So I got my big girl pants on and the fake smile that I have for such events was back on my face.

Alex had promised that we'd only be there for the auction and donations and then leave. Good! I could have him all to myself then.

After an hour of meeting and greeting and polite small talk, I was exhausted. So I told Alex that I'd be back in a moment from the Ladies room. He kissed me on the cheek and told me that he'd be at the bar with a gin and juice for me.

In the ladies room, I repaired my lipstick and mascara and washed my hands. I was about to leave when Ronald entered. Unfortunately for me, there were no other women in the Ladies Room to raise an alarm over a man's presence.

"What're you doing here Ronald? In case you missed it this is a Ladies Room. Have you gone through a transformation and changed your gender? "

" I knew I wouldn't be able to approach you with your husband nearby and this was the only way to talk to you. "

" What's left to talk about? I thought we cleared up everything at my wedding. "

" You cleared up. I never got to say my piece. Please would you give me five minutes and listen to me! "

He pulled his puppy dog face and I melted. I can't belive I'm such a softie.

" Fine you have five minutes. Talk! And excuse me I think I'll sit down. My feet are killing me. "

" I know you think I was after you for political benefits. While that is partially true, it's not the full reason. I was interested in you and I think I love you. You're not what I expected. For God's sake you don't even fulfil half the criterion that I wanted in my girlfriend. But still I fell in love with you. But you didn't even give me a chance. You rebelled against your mother and rejected me because I was her choice. Livvy please give me a chance. If you think I don't suit you I'll leave. But at least explore what we may have between us before you decide to cast me out of your life forever. "