My Very Sassy Fairy Godmothers

Now you must be wondering what was my mother talking about? There was a ball? And what did I do to make her so angry?

To answer your questions yes there was a Ball. A Ball thrown by my mother to support her Carter Charity Organization's efforts to provide good education to Street kids. You see my mother supports a lot of worthy causes but it's just for hogging limelight. She doesn't have a charitable bone in her body. She never does anything more than donating money or raising money through balls and auctions.

Now coming to what I did to make her so angry, well I defied her. Till the time I hadn't found the truth I always attended these Balls on my mother's orders. Even though I found these events really boring I had no choice. She even chose my dress and my date to the Ball. Now that I knew everything I had no intention of obeying her orders and showing up on the arms of some rich douchebag with whom my mother was planning my future.

Plus finding out about Felicity's secret had exhausted my limits of tolerance. And I was not in the mood for becoming my mother's Barbie doll. My dormant rage had just been awakened and was looking for a suitable target.

So when mother called me to tell me about the Ball and ordered me to attend it with Ronald, I found a convenient target for my anger. I agreed to come to the Ball but I told her that I would meet Ronald there.

My mother assumed that my pretense of submitting to her authority meant that she had me back under her thumb. You couldn't be more wrong Mommy dearest. And I let her continue with that impression.

How do you wreck a Ball? Well I had no experience in this particular area since I've always been a goody two shoes and never rebelled a day in my life before the wedding. So I was considerably out of my depths. But luckily I knew someone who was an expert at this. Looks like I was calling in the Queen of Rebellion Cady. Thank goodness I had kept her contact information. Knew there would come a day I would need her help for.

"Hello Cady here. Who is calling? "

" Cady it's me Livvy. I need your help in wrecking a Ball. I heard you were the resident expert. "

" You bet. Oh the good old days. I miss making my parent's lives hell."

" Well I've decided to follow in your footsteps. Want to relive those days through me? "

" Hell yeah! Okay what's the Ball for? Debutante or Charity or Networking? "

" Charity. My mother is hosting it for organizing funds for Street kids Education project. "

" Now listen to me. I am going to be your teacher. First step in ruining the Ball is hogging the limelight. You are going to steal the glory from your mother. Now do we have a dress? "

" My mother is sending one as we speak but I rather not wear that. It would be a hideous interpretation of a Disney wedding gown. "

" Give me an hour. I am bringing in just the person we need. And I'll get you a dress. Before I go whose your date to the Ball? "

" Mom wants me to go with Ronald. But that's not gonna happen. I'll go with Alex. I am pretty sure he wouldn't mind gatecrashing another event. "

" Good girl! Seeing you with him will probably piss her off. You learn fast! "

Time to ask Alex to be my Prince Charming. I called his cellphone and he picked up immediately.

" Hey Livvy! I was just thinking about you. I was wondering if we could go for another date tomorrow? "

" Why tomorrow? Let's do it tonight. Are you free? "