Wedding Bells

'It's a beautiful night
We're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby I think I wanna marry you....'

"Alex wake up your phones ringing! "

" I'm up." He groped for his phone in the darkness before picking it up and answering it. "Hello Alexander Seymour here. Goddamit Blaine how many times do I have to tell you to not call me at night. I meant when it's night here you moron. I don't care if it's day in the States. Yeah yeah fine. Why did you call? Fine I'll put you on speaker. You're on now. "

"God you're so grumpy when woken up Alex. Chill out. Where's my daughter? Livvy!"

"Good morning to you too dad. What's up with calling at.... Holy shit you woke us up at 3 AM? "

" Well I got good news to share. Wakey Wakey slow pokes. You up? "

" Spit it out dad otherwise we're going back to sleep. "

" Fine I'll spill. Seriously you guys have no patience. So this is it and I'm quoting verbatim 'You are cordially invited to the wedding of Mr Alan Dick Curtis and Miss Virginia Carter at the Carter estate on the 5th of September at 11 AM. Please come and share in the joy of the couple and their families and bless their union.' "

" Holy shit.... MAMI DID IT! SHE'S ACTUALLY GETTING MARRIED. Who's the guy? "

" The same rustic cousin Mami had threatened to marry her to. "

" Oh wow! This is absolutely the best news I've received in a long time. "

" Are you done Blaine? Can we go back to sleep? " Alex asked while yawning.

" Nope I'm not done. Livvy and Alex you're going to have to cut short your honeymoon and attend the wedding. "

" I'm really happy that Virginia is getting married but I'm not coming back to Chicago for her wedding. I rather spend that time ravishing her daughter. "

" Yes well tell that to Mami. She's the one who's requested your presence. And besides it's been a month and a half since you both have been on your honeymoon. Just come back for the wedding and then go back to your plans once the wedding is over. "

" If Mami has called for us then we'll come. Are you also invited? "

" You think I'd miss this joyous event even if I wasn't invited?"

"I thought so. See you in Chicago dad. Bye love you and good night. "

" Goodnight sleepy hats. "

" I swear your father takes pleasure in ruining my sleep. "

" You can forgive him this time. He brought good tidings. Looks like we'll have to cut short our honeymoon. "

" That's fine. We can always resume after the wedding. Besides we still haven't seen Indonesia and Borneo. "

" Mmhmm. And Sumatra is left too. "

" We'll get there too. But first where's my goodmorning kiss? "

We kissed passionately for some time. Which soon escalated to a make out session. Since we both were awake, we decided to enjoy the scenery and sat on the balcony deck to see the moon glowing in the nights sky and the calming waves of the ocean. Well actually Alex was on the chair. I was on his lap.

"You know I was thinking what should we buy your mother as a wedding present? After all it is very rude to attend a wedding empty-handed. "

" Hmm you're right. Maybe we could get her something which would come handy for her new lifestyle like overalls and gum boots? "