Wedding Dramas

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here in the presence of God to celebrate the union of this man and this woman. If anyone objects to this union say so now or forever hold your peace. Anyone?"

"Trust me father we all support this union. Could you move it along a little faster. I have to get married too! " My father seriously had no patience.

" Okay then. Mr Alexander Seymour you've written your own vows. Please read them out loud. "

He wrote the vows. I didn't even know he was going to. That's so sweet. And I feel bad now because I haven't.

" Lavinia I promise to tease, taunt and tickle you for the rest of our lives. I promise that I'll reveal and cherish each and every facet of you. I promise to be the one to make you smile everyday, be the reason for your laughter and hold you when you cry. I promise to stand by you in anything and everything. I promise that even we fight and you think we'd be over, I won't leave you. I promise that we'll make up with kisses and apologies no matter who was right or wrong. I promise you a lifetime of wild rides and high speed chases. I promise you as many cups of coffee you want in the morning and evening. I promise you the sun, the moon and the stars. I promise that I'll be yours forever and always. I promise that with everything I am and everything I'll ever be. I love you and adore you. I'll never stop loving you. " Saying so he took out his Grandmother's ring and placed it on my finger.

I hadn't realised that I was crying until I hiccuped. But I wasn't alone. Behind me, my girl squad, including Cady, were busy wiping tears. My Grandparents and my father cried tears of joy. Laura was full on crying and an apparently bemused Marcus handled her with the 'there there' approach. Even the priest looked slightly emotional.

"That was beautiful Mr Seymour. Now Miss Carter please read your vows. "

I hadn't prepared anything so I decided to be spontaneous. After all, it should come from the heart.

" Ahem... I hadn't prepared anything but here goes. I promise to protect you from the insufferable Bitches in both our families. " He gave me a full blown grin while the rest of the party laughed. The priest glared at me but let me continue." I promise to be your partner in crime in everything and anything from now onwards. I promise to be the everything you need- a friend, a lover, a partner, a comedian, a bodyguard, a cook, a professor etc. I promise impromptu dates and unexpected surprises. I promise to defend your honor and protect it like the warrior Princess I am. I promise endless prank wars. I promise romantic weekends and getaways. I promise you sarcasm and arguments. I promise you that I'll be your world as you'll be mine. I promise to fill your days with happiness and joy. I promise to kiss you every morning and every night. I promise to stand by you all the time no matter the circumstances. I promise to be your strength. I promise that I'll love you always and never doubt it. I promise that we'll have tough times but we'll be together and United to face them. I promise to be yours until the end of time and never let anyone take your place in my life. I love you and I will always love you. " Ruby handed me the ring I had chosen for him which I placed on his finger. It was a platinum ring with a heavy topaz. It was inscribed with" Property of Lavinia Seymour" on the inside.

" Mr Seymour do you take Miss Lavinia Carter as your lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold in sickness and in health?Do you promise to love her, cherish her and protect her for as long as you both shall live? "

Alexander smiled at me and then said tej words I do.

" Miss Carter do you take Mr Alexander Seymour as your lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold in sickness and in health? Do you promise to love him, cherish him and protect him for as long as you live? "

" I do. "

" By the powers vested in me I now pronounce you husband and wife. Mr Seymour you can now kiss your wife. "

Alex lifted my veil, took me in his arms and kissed me. It was a soft kiss but packed with tons of emotions and feelings. It felt like I was floating on a cloud. Cameras flashed, people congratulated and hooted and I didn't care one bit. Neither did Alex. We were lost in our own world.

"Stop kissing your wife and move away from the altar. It's no only your day! " My father shouted.

He flipped off my father but did stop kissing me. He took my hands and bestowed a kiss on my ring finger which was adorned with his ring. Then we both turned towards the wedding party.

" Ladies and gentlemen. May I present to you Mr and Mrs Seymour. " The priest introduced us to the wedding guests who then clapped and shouted felicitations. There were many press reporters there from the European media who clicked pictures and recorded the proceedings.

" So Mrs Seymour finally your mine! " Alex whispered in my ear.

" It feels absolutely fantastic Mr Seymour. I am so glad we got married. Now no-one will be able to separate us. "

He kissed my cheek and lovingly nuzzled my neck. We held hands and stared at each other lovingly.

" Ahem one done one more to go. If you don't mind Mr and Mrs Seymour, I still have another Bride and Groom to unite in holy matrimony. "

" Of course Father. Everyone resume your positions. We have another wedding to attend. " Alex announced.

We all shuffled. Laura took the Maid of Honor position while I took my place as a Bridesmaid with the other girls. On my dad's side, Alex took the best man's position while the rest of the groomsmen adjusted their clothes and shuffled into their changed positions.

"Ahem Dearly beloved we are gathered here again for the wedding of Mr Blaine Knight and Miss Rubina Ahmad. Do you want to hurry this one up too or the pace is fine? "

" It's fine. Please continue Father. "

" Okay as I was saying we are all gathered here to bless and celebrate their union. Marriage is the union of two souls and a true blessing from God to mankind. Matrimony is a holy institution..... "

" Excuse me Father but could we skip the sermon part. You see this is not my first attempt at the altar. " My father interjected.

The Priest glared at my father while the rest of us tried to choke our laughter. But nevertheless the ceremony resumed.

" If anyone has any reason to object to the union of this man and woman in holy Matrimony please speak up or forever hold your peace. "

Just to antagonise my father, the Priest took a longer pause and stared at the congregation gathered in the Church. After two minutes of silence, fidgeting and my father glaring daggers at the Priest, he decided to continue.

" Okay nobody objects. Then let's get this over with. Mr Blaine Knight do you take......"

SLAM.

"I OBJECT! " Unfortunately for Ronald and my mother the adage 'Better late than never' was not apt (at least for today). Everyone knew which union they wanted to object to but it was a little too late. My wedding was over and the certificates were signed and safely secured in Marcus safe. But still it made for good drama. And my inner cookie was back.

" Oh for heaven's sake. I have other appointments to keep too! " The Priest blurted out in irritation." Why do you object to this union? And who are you? "

" Don't bother with the moron and harpy Father. Just continue please. "

" Don't listen to them Father. I object to this wedding. She's mine. "

Something tells me my father's patience had run out and he was passed with Ronald.

" Ronald is correct. This union is objectionable to many people including the mother of the Bride. "

I could have easily corrected her misconception but if she wanted to make a fool out of herself in front of the wedding guests and European press..... Well who am I to stop her. This should definitely be fun.