Not Again!

"Dearly beloved we have been gathered here for a long time for the union of Mr Blaine Knight and Miss Rubina Ahmad in holy matrimony." Even the priest was cheeky. Sort of suited the wedding considering my father's personality. "Now for the last and final time, if anyone has any objections please voice them now or forever hold your peace. (Points to Ronald) Not a word from you. We had enough from your side. (After a two minute pause) Well clearly there are no objections. Let's begin. Are you both ready? "

" I've never been more ready for anything else in my whole life. "

" Before we start, Mr Knight are you in the business of entertainment by any chance? "

" Well yes Father. Why did you ask? "

" It kind of explained something. " Everyone laughed at that." Okay quite down now. On your insistence I am going to keep this short. Mr Blaine Knight do you take this woman as your lawfully wedded wi....."

"NO he doesn't!" The harpy is back.

"Goddamit what the hell? " Father was clearly frustrated." Now what? "

" He can't marry her because I object to this union. "

" Mom in case it wasn't apparent to you but we'd already proved that your opinions are neither wanted nor appreciated. So why don't you cut your losses by taking the miniscule pieces of dignity that you've left and leave? "

" Lavinia this is between me and your father. So please keep out. I object to this wedding. "

" The objections part is over and I don't care but I am proceeding with this wedding. Besides I am sure you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute. " Priest one mommy zero.

" Peggy we all know that you are a sore loser. And you've lost! So please for your own sake accept defeat and leave."

"I know I am defeated but that is not the reason for me stopping your wedding. I am doing it for your own good. "

" What? "

" What did she just say? "

" Not this again! "

" Back up a minute. You're stopping my wedding for my own good? Really? "

" Yes Blaine... don't you see you are marrying the wrong woman. You've been in love with me from the start. You're making a mistake. "

I wish all of you were there in the church to witness what happened next. While some of us (Me, my father, Adrian, Rhonda, Levi, Sophia) were gazing in shocked silence at my mom, not able to believe what came out of her mouth, the reaction of the rest were very different. Alex snorted while Seamus chuckled. Mami slapped her head in frustration while Papi was shaking his head in abject disappointment. Ruby was laughing and tears were leaking out of her eyes. Cady was laughing along with her. Laura was glaring at my mother like she wanted to boil my mother in a big cauldron. Marcus on the other hand was watching in fascination like this was the screening of his favorite show.

But the best reaction was of the Priest and the press gathered there. Father decided that he much preferred to watch this drama unfold. So he called up and cancelled his appointments for the rest of the day.

"Tomás will you please cancel the rest of my appointments. Yes please give them my sincerest apologies. And tell my wife that to not wait for me for dinner. Thank you. "

The press reporters on the other hand were having a field day. It was no secret that despite sharing an offspring, my parents were not an ideal couple. There was no love lost between them. So my mother's declaration was the most entertaining gossip.

" I am in love with you? " My father was actually confused. Confused is actually an understatement. He was bamboozled." What makes you think that I am in love with you? "

" Your constant interfering in my matters, your presence in my parents household despite our relationship ending, your endless monitoring, your commentary on my life and my choices. If this isn't the actions of a person in love then what is? "

" First of all you make me sound like Edward Cullen and I hate that guy. Secondly, you are right. Those are actions of a person in love but you are not the object of my affections. Those were the actions of a concerned father. I love my daughter. She is the only good thing to come out of our shitty relationship. And thirdly, I only monitored and stalked you so I could destroy you like the way you destroyed me. I haven't quite forgotten the fact that you were the reason for my parents disowning me. Also, I love Mami and Papi like I loved my own parents and I am indebted to them for taking care of my daughter. I have never been in love with you and I will never love you. I love Ruby because unlike you she is not with me for professional goals or money or fame. She is with me for me and loves me with all my mistakes and all my flaws. I love her the same way. The only emotion I feel for you is blinding rage and hatred. Nothing more! "

" Don't say that Blaine..... I love you. "

" Don't you dare throw those words at me. You never loved anyone but yourself. I don't believe you or your lies. And after that stunt you tried to pull with my daughter's future, I'd rather go deaf and blind than listen to you wax love poems about me while you bat your fake eyelashes at me. And besides you're all plastic and silicone. I like natural. "

" Do you need some aloe Vera mom because you just got burnt. "

" Honey she got scorched. Blaine burnt her a long time back. " Alex said.

" She's never going to be able to show her face in public again! I feel bad for Aunt Peggy. "

" Good for her. It will make it easier for her to adjust in the farms. "

" You were serious about that? "

" Of course I was. And after knowing about her escapades, I think she needs a strict chaperone. I have never felt the pressure for getting her married more than now. "

" Mom no... I can't marry that rustic. You'll ruin my life. "

" You mean the life which you pretty much ruined yourself? And I am your mother. If you can make arbitrary decisions for your daughter then I can do the same for you. Besides I did give you plenty of opportunities to reform but you didn't. Consider this as your penitary. You will get married and if you make any attempts at doing your runaway bride routine, your upcoming nuptials will be nothing for what I will have in store for you. "

" Well congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. I always knew you would plunge into matrimony only after I do it. That reminds me you remember the bet you placed? I won that too! " My father is gloating once again.

" Now that the objection is sorted, without any further interruptions let's continue from where we left off. " Father said." Mr Knight do you take Miss Ahmad to be your lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold in sickness and in health, in times of happiness and sadness till death do you part? "

" Yes I do. " He placed the ring on Ruby's finger. The ring was a plain simple platinum band with a small diamond.

" Miss Ahmad do you take Mr Knight as your lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold in sickness and in health, in times of happiness and sadness till death do you part? "

" I do. " She placed a platinum gold band matching her ring on his finger.

" By the power vested in me I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss your bride. "

My father dipped Ruby and kissed her in true dramatic fashion while the rest of us cheered.

" Finally I am married. LET'S PARTY PEOPLE! "