Clash of the Bitches

" Fancy seeing you here mom! Nice to see you spending my father's money on something good for once."

"Must you always be so unpleasant? Why can't you greet your own mother properly?"

"Do you really want me to answer that question here? Because I don't mind. Its only you who will become the talk of the town."

He wasn't kidding when he said that him and his mother didn't share a good relationship. Here was proof. On the surface it looked like he was pleasantly greeting his mother but you only had to see his eyes. There was hatred brimming from them. I wouldn't want to be a recipient of his hateful glares. I wonder what soured his relationship with his mom.

"Oh I see you brought your tramp along with you. And she's dressed like her usual ways?"

"Better than covering myself up in only diamonds." Mrs Seymour was wearing a flashy platinum mesh gown which showed lot of her cleavage and atleast four different diamond necklaces. The gown's colour was unflattering on her and she looked washed out in it. The gown was better suited on somebody younger. And the diamonds were a bit too much. "Tell me did you not get the memo that this was a Charity Ball and not a costume party for Halloween. Or you couldn't decide which necklace to wear. So you decided to wear all of them. Because if you intended to come as a shiny piece of metal, you damn well succeeded."

"And why is she wearing my precious necklace? Why is my necklace gracing her artificial breasts?"

" Tell me are yours real or silicone? Because they look younger than the rest of your body. That includes your face. And who did your makeup? Honestly I have seen dead bodies who have more color than you!"

"How dare you insult me? I am here as guest of your mother's. Do you know what will happen to her reputation if the press finds out that you insulted me at her Ball?"

"Is there a rule that dictates that one guest cannot insult another guest at the Ball. If there is, you broke it first. And I really don't care one way or another about my mother's so called reputation."

"Alex answer me!"

"First of all, that's not your necklace. It belonged to Grandmother who gave it to me with special instructions. And secondly, Livvy here is fulfilling Grannie's last wish."Noticing my expression, he cleared up the confusion. " You see Livvy my Grannie hated her and according to her last wish she wanted this necklace to never ever come into my mother's hands and to lovingly grace the throat of one girl or woman who my mother absolutely hated. She made sure of that by leaving it to me in her will."

"Why did she hate your mother?"

"Well my Grandmother believed my father committed suicide."

"He died in an accident. I had no part in it." Mrs Seymour vehemently denied. "The old woman was senile and had clearly lost her marbles."

"Is it true?"

"Everyone believed he died in an accident. But he actually died of heartbreak. I remember each and every moment of that night. Including your fight with him." Alex fixed his glare at his mother. "My Grannie wasn't senile. She was a smart woman. She knew you better than anyone. She knew you married dad for his money. You said so on that night. You also told him about your various affairs. I remember how he cried and begged you to say it wasn't true. Grannie knew about the affairs. She was the one who got Dad to change his will at the last moment. She knew you would rush in to save what you saw as your inheritance. And you would spill the truth as soon as he refused to change the will. Just to hurt him. And you did. You confessed everything including the affairs and the fact that I was my father's only child."

"I was there. I saw and heard everything. My father didn't die in an accident. He died because of a soulless monster like you who broke his heart. You destroyed my father."

He had a haunted look on his face. It almost brought me to tears. I never wanted to see him like that again. So I hugged him and kissed his cheek.

"Thanks babe!" He smiled at me. It chased off that sadness on his face. Then he turned towards his mother. "Think before you insult my girlfriend again. Because you don't know the extent of my hate for you. I won't hesitate in ruining your life and trust me I know how to do it. Grannie made sure of that."

If it was possible, she paled under that thick layer of makeup. Now she actually looked like a corpse. Dead and lifeless. Just like she actually was on the inside. She turned to flee like a scared rabbit but I stopped her. I had to take revenge for that sad look she put on Alex's face.

"Mrs Seymour wait! I have to give you something."

She must have thought that I wanted to return the necklace to her. Over my dead body. Because she turned towards me with a hopeful expression.

"What is it?"

"THIS!" And I threw my chilled Champagne all over her face. "That's for being a shitty mother!"

"I was right. Grannie would have loved you!"

"Lavinia!" Great my mother saw that. Now she's going to lecture me like I am a five year old. "You can't throw Champagne at my guests. Its a waste of expensive Champagne!" Wait what? She was worried about the Champagne and not the guest. What the hell?

"I should have known you wouldn't condone your daughter's actions. After all the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!" Mrs Seymour snapped at my mother.

"Oh give it a rest Marla! It's not like it's the first time a Carter has thrown their drink at you. Remember the Ignatious Foundation Dinner?"

"Hold on! You both know each other? How?"

"Livvy darling Marla and I go way back. She stole my first fiancé and the love of my life Justin from me. And then married him too!"

"He didn't love you. He loved me. There was nothing to steal. And like you would have married him. He probably would have married me when you would have left him on the altar like you usually do. "

"You were going to get married to Alex's father?"

"Yes honey it's an long story. I'll tell you sometime later. I have to deal with this bitch first."

"Who are you calling a bitch? Atleast I only married once. As far as I know you are still a spinster. What happened? Didn't like the church you were supposed to get married in?" Ouch! Low blow. My mother's bridal history is a sore topic. That would have hit a nerve.

"Well I didn't force my husband to crash his car to escape my horrible presence? What happened? Justin couldn't deal with your ugly face?"

"I have a feeling it's going to get uglier. Wanna leave this shitty party and have fun somewhere else?"

"Sure! Let's leave before they both decide to expose all sordid family secrets. I rather not relive those nightmares tonight."

We didn't stick around to watch them fight. From what I heard they almost came to blows. Alex and me decided to continue our date at an exclusive French restaurant. From there we went to one of the hottest clubs in Chicago Snazz for dancing and drinks.
We enjoyed the rest of the night by having a typical prom experience of dancing all night, drinking and cruising around the whole city. We finally made it to Mami's place after 4 in the morning. Alex was as drunk as I was and in no condition to drive. So Mami invited him to retire for the rest of the night in one of the guest rooms. Mami helped me get out of my clothes and helped me to my bed (because I couldn't walk straight). And ladies and gents thats how I found myself with a wicked hangover in the morning and facing my mother who decided to wake the whole house up by screaming like a banshee