The Support Team

"Okay so now that I know what the Glycerin is for.....umm how are we going to do this? Because if you know anything about me I am not the sorts to go into bouts of crying. Plus everyone who knows me also knows that I am a tough cookie. So how are you going to convince the sharks that I am an injured dolphin?"

"Okay who are the sharks?"

"Mom and Felicity. They both have razor sharp senses and can sniff out lies faster than Government agents. Are you sure about this?"

"Don't worry about it. I have a foolproof plan. In fact I already have put things in motion. We are going to get some outside help too. You just need to keep an open mind."

"Okay can I know the plan or are you planning on keeping it a secret?"

"You can know but not now. I am waiting for some people. Let them come and then you will know."

Just then the doorbell rang. Alex went to get the door and for the fourth time in the day I was surprised. He came back with his 'backup crew' which comprised of my father and my grandparents. And then there was another person who I haven't seen for a long time but was a sight for the sore eyes-my father's long time girlfriend and Award winning actress Rubina Ahmad ( Ruby). There was another addition to this group- another man who I did not recognise but he seemed to be friendly with dad and Alex so I knew I would get an introduction soon.

My Grandparents (on my mother's side) have been one of my best supporters in my family. No matter what I had done they always remained in my corner. I was so glad to see them. Mami kissed my cheeks and hugged me while papi patted my hair like he used to do when I lived with them. It honestly brought back memories.

"Alex meet my Grandparents Richard Carter and Johanna Ellis Carter." I was so happy that they came to see me. I knew they didn't know Alex and were curious about him so I thought introductions were in order.

"So you are the young man from the news. I am so glad you got her away from that church. Just for that, you are now allowed to call us Mami and Papi like Livvy does." My grandmother is the jovial sorts while my grandfather is her opposite but they are one of the cutest couples I know.

"Its a pleasure to meet you both and thank you for coming here on such short notice." Alex shook Papi's hand and accepted a hug from Mami.

Ruby came forward and hugged me too. I was meeting her after 11 months and I was glad she was back.

"Hey Ruby! I am so happy to see you. I hope you are done with work for few days. We need to catch up. But come meet my grandparents. Mami and Papi this is Rubina Ahmad or as we call her Ruby. She is dad's girlfriend."

"Pleasure to meet you Ruby. Blaine never told us he had such a beautiful girlfriend. I will have to take that boy to task." Mami honestly loves my dad like her own son so I am pretty sure dad is gonna get a third degree from her very soon.

"Nice to meet you. If it helps, Blaine has told me a lot about you. He was planning on getting me to meet you soon. But don't tell him I told you. It was supposed to be a surprise." Yeah I am pretty sure Ruby and Mami are gonna get along like a house on fire.

Alex introduced me to the man who came with the group. I could make out that he and Alex were old friends.
"Lavinia meet my childhood friend and the best detective money can buy Adrian Delaney."

"Nice to meet you Mr Delaney."

"Don't be so formal love. Call me Adrian. You're my mate's girlfriend and we are gonna get along. I am gonna call you Livvy." Adrian had the kind of British accent that was a panty dropper and I am pretty sure it helped him a lot in his business.

Since the introductions were done, everyone settled down to get reacquainted with the story again but this time I let Alex take over narrating the events of the day. Alex even mentioned his suspicions about Felicity and Ronald's relationship. But before he told us the plan, he wanted to hear from dad what happened in the church after we left.

"Well nobody called the ambulance so for a long time there were tears and orders to get those three dunces back up. Finally, I just splashed them with holy water. Father was most angry but I didn't give a damn. Plus your mother was spewing fire after you left. Mr and Mrs Dwight left with Ronald soon after someone called an ambulance. By the way Alex you did a number on his nose again. I guess he needs surgery. Your mother took Felicity to her estate and I haven't heard from her since."

Wow an angry mother and probably devastated sister. I guess I am never setting foot in mom's estate again. At least not until both of them calm down.

"Okay people here's the plan. We need to find out if Ronald or Felicity had something fishy going on behind each others back because five year long relationships do not end up in messes like this. There has to be a reason. Adrian is going to use his investigative skills there. Next, we need to bring both the parties out in the open with media to clear out Lavinia's reputation. The rest of you are going to help us in that. We are going to train Lavinia to act like the perfect victim good enough to not only fool the media but also her mother and sister. Mami and Ruby you are essential for this part. You have to train her. Blaine and me are gonna pull some strings and laydown some groundwork. Papi you have to grease the wheels for Felicity. Everyone knows what their role is....so any questions? Well lets get started then."

Honestly I was astounded by how he assumed leadership and delegated roles and formed strategies. He must be a force to contend with in the boardroom. Honestly, it was sexy as hell.

"Livvy you have two days. You have to give the performance of a lifetime. So you will start Victim bootcamp tomorrow with Ruby and Mami while Blaine and Papi help me in setting up the stage for your performance. We are gonna fight and we are gonna fight dirty."

Well this should be fun. Acting lessons and psychological warfare. Guess I will have to sharpen my claws and ready my tear ducts. I have my reputation to save after all and an ass to kick.