Chapter Four: Toddlers And Tantrums

This chapter is dedicated to amourforever13, one of my real life best friends. She has an amzing story out: A Mess It Grows! It's amazing just like her!

Hope you like the chapter!

 I didn’t sleep a wink last night with all the thoughts going around my head. Drew really loved Peyton? They had spent the whole night together, Drew looking happier than he ever had before.

  I was such an idiot for not noticing. He had shown signs and everything! It was obvious that Drew was head over heels for Peyton. He was always spending time with her, he talked to her every single chance that he got and was always so close to her.

  I’ll admit, I was very freaked out by this! Drew was like a brother to me and Peyton was like a sister, and now my brother had feelings for my sister… It was all so wrong that I couldn’t make eye contact with either of them.

  I was now sitting at the island, sipping at my coffee and studying my uneven nails. Maven was next to me, running a brush through her hair. We thought we were the only ones awake, that was until the rest of our friends walked into the kitchen.

  “So Peyton, how’d you sleep?” Drew asked her as she sat down on the chair next to mine.

  She smiled at him. “Very well.”

  McKinley looked at me with a confused look and then she gave me a look as if she was asking me if I knew anything about what was going on. I forced myself to shrug my shoulders because I had promised him that I wouldn’t tell anyone about him loving someone. The other girls hadn’t seen him in our room because at around six o’clock he had snuck back to his own room.

  Jonah reached over the island and grabbed my coffee mug. He took a sip from my coffee and then he breathed out a, “Ah.”

  I reached for my coffee and took it back from him. “Ever heard of please?” I asked him as I used the sleeve of my cream colored sweater to wipe off the invisible saliva he had left on my cup.

  He scratched the top of his head. “Hmm… nope. Doesn’t ring any bells.”

  Everyone laughed at his joke besides me, who was noticing how much of my coffee he had drank.

  “I have an idea!” Drew exclaimed after the laughter died down. Everybody looked at him and he continued speaking. “How about we have a day at the park? A picnic, bike ride, feed the ducks, everything!”

  He didn’t seem to be talking to us as a group, but mostly Peyton. It was as if he was asking her on a date. With every word he said I noticed how much attention he paid to her.

  Everyone else’s eyes seemed to lighten up. I was the only one with a blunt expression. “That sounds like fun!” McKinley replied.

  “I wouldn’t mind spending my day like that,” Jessie agreed.

  Maven sighed and laid her head down on the island. “I can’t go today; my sister needs me to babysit her kids.”

  I knew that this was my way to get out of watching Drew and Peyton on their little love fest. I knew that if I saw them together one more time I’d probably just blurt out everything that Drew told me not to say. This was my chance to get out of the disaster.

  “I’ll help you!” I said to Maven, actually sounding excited. I cleared my throat. “I mean… that is if you want me to.” My voice sounded slightly serious now.

  She smiled at me. “You really would?” Her face looked hopeful.

  I put a hand on her shoulder. “Of course.”