Truth or Dare: Chapter 24

Start from the beginning

******

I made my way over to the lunch table, already seeing nearly everyone there except Jessica and Dustin who were probably at some other table. Glaring angrily at Ethan, I took a chair as far away from him as possible.

"You guys okay?" Chez asked, looking confused from Ethan to me.

"No." I said bluntly.

"What happened now?" Aiden asked.

"He won't give me a piece of paper." I stated, suddenly realizing how lame that sounded. "I mean, our grade paper."

"She's just upset I get to take her to the horror movies." Ethan chimed in, his blank expression developing to a smirk. Wait what?

"A horror?" I exclaimed in confusion, my voice shooting up two octaves.

"Yes," Ethan nodded. "A horror." he made his voice shoot up two octaves as well.

"But why?" Just as I asked, Ethan slid the paper across the table to me. Cautiously, I opened it up, dreading the worse. My mouth dropped open at what I saw; my mind frantically tried to take it all in. On the paper was my worse nightmare.

Oh no, it's not what you're thinking.

In Mrs. Brute's handwriting, it said we had gotten a hundred percent. Next to it was my worse nightmare. Ethan had taken the time and liberty to write in the space: Which horror movie should we watch?

I let out a long sigh, half happy, half upset, and thoroughly amused, letting Chez jerk the piece of paper away from me and read it. Chez's face immediately lit up after reading the paper and quickly handed it to Ever who was looking quite curious herself.

"Ethan and Kylie are seeing a horror movie!" Chez exclaimed loudly, ignoring my furious glare. She winked innocently at me, "I'm sure it'll be lots of fun. Just the two of you..." she drifted off.

I slumped against the table in defeat. Was an 'A' really worth going to a horror movie? How about going to a horror movie with Ethan? Sadly, I answered yes, both times.

"It's okay," Aiden said, patting my elbow. "It isn't that bad."

"That bad?" I half-screamed. 'That bad' didn't cut it. It was horrible! Need I remind everyone how I hate horror movies. Not even with a fiery passion; I just hated them. Who ever created the concept of scaring people is stupid, I officially decided.

"Yup, not that bad." Aiden replied.

I glared at him, "Thanks so much for the support."

"You are so welcome."

"I don't get why you are so scared." Ever said bluntly. I stared at her tongue-tied, unsure how to respond to her straightforward statement.