Truth or Dare: Chapter 2

***Author's Note: I'd like to dedicate this chapter to tlm2338, she also made an AMAZING bookcover, that was quite honestly just as good as the current one I had now.  Unfortunately, we thought it might have given too much away... although definitely not at this point.  Anyways, she made the book cover on the side >>> so thank you again!!!

************************************************************************************************************

Nothing travels faster than light, with the possible exception of bad news, which follows its own rules. ~Douglas Adams

“What?  Are you serious?” 

“Yes,”  I said glumly, staring down at my sandwich, wishing desperately that this was a joke.

“But you can’t!”  I looked up at my best friend Elena Hillman.  “You can’t leave!”  She wailed, ignoring the skeptical glances we were getting from everyone else in the cafeteria.  Elena opened her dark brown eyes widely, shooting me a desperate look.  “What am I suppose to do without you?” She repeated, again, for the infinite time.

“Everything you can do without me.”  I grumbled sarcastically for the infinite time.  Sighing, I slumped even further down onto the plastic cafeteria chairs, feeling uncomfortable but refusing to move.  You would think they could possibly take the time and money to give us better chairs.

Elena Hillman is the type of girl, most guys would drop dead for.  She was gorgeous, simply put.  Her dark brown hair was slightly wavy, and reached  nearly half way down her back, and her eyes were huge and dark brown.  Her skin was tanned to nearly perfection, and the way she held herself about, made her look like a model.  Despite her girlish looks, she was extremely smart, not to mention my absolute best friend for who knows how long.  I felt another tear trying to escape as the finality of all this came to me, but before it did, I quickly wiped it away, hoping no one noticed.

“I’m so sorry, Kylie.”  Alyssa, my other friend, sympathized, tossing her short blonde hair back; her light blue eyes saddened.  I smiled weakly at her, acknowledging what she said.  “I’m going to miss you so badly.”  Elena nodded in agreement.

“Thanks guys.”  I forced a smile, hoping it didn’t look too much like a grimace.  My eyes drifted towards the back of the cafeteria where our bright orange and brown school banner and motto was hanging proudly. 

Mountain Valley High, home of the Grizzly Bears.  Our school motto was: We can bear anything!  Cheesy?  Yes.  Will I miss it?  Definitely.  MVH is a pretty new school as far as schools go.  Only a mere five years old, it is the youngest school in the entire valley of Nevada.  Already, I’ve been here half  year, but that half year felt like forever.  I honestly loved this school.  I loved the white walls; I loved the tiled floors; heck, I even came around to loving the lunch.  Only a half year at this school I’ve came to love, and we are--

“Why all the glum faces?”  A voice appeared behind us, cutting into my thoughts.

“Probably cause we weren’t there,”  another somewhat pompous voice answered.  

Groaning inwardly, I rolled my eyes at their attempt.  And there goes the peace and quiet.

“More likely because we knew you guys were coming,” I snapped back, swiveling around to face the two guys that I came to know so well.

“Oh please, you know you love us.”  Dylan smirked, taking a seat right between me and Elena, ignoring our cries of protest.  I glared daggers at him, and he smiled back sweetly; his ocean blue eyes were wide and innocent.