Truth or Dare: Chapter 10

***Author's note:  Before I start, I really want to thank each and every one of you for reading, commenting, and voting.  You have no idea how happy you made me feel-- ask my brother, I literally was jumping up and down, screaming.  So, I want you to know, I realy appreciate it all.  Anyways, hope you enjoy(: 

************************************************************************************************************

You meet people who forget you.  You forget people you meet.  But sometimes you meet those people you can’t forget.  Those are your “friends”.  ~Unknown

I picked my way delicately towards the back of lunch room, dodging some idiots that were having a food fight right in front of a teacher, and scanning for any signs of a peppy, strawberry blonde.  Nope, nothing.  Suddenly, I started feeling scared.  What if Chez was lying to me, just making fun of me, especially after what I did during class today.  Immediately, I blushed at the thought, and continued looking.  Still nothing.  I bit down on my lips nervously.  Maybe it was a joke, after all, why would a pretty sophomore like her, want to sit with me of all people.  I turned around to face the front of the lunch room, standing on my toes to scan over the heads of everyone.  Besides, I swear I might still have that milk stain on my--

“Kylie!”  A voice came from behind me, before I could closer inspect my seemingly clean shirt.  I swiveled around and saw, to my relief, a familiar strawberry blonde girl pick her way towards me.  “Sorry, I totally forgot to mention that we tend to sit towards the back of the lunchroom, since the front is always so crowded.”  She practically skipped towards the back of the lunch room, holding my hand, and ignoring the strange glances she was getting.

“Guys, meet Kylie!  She just moved here from Vegas.”  She introduced happily.  I looked around the table, my eyes settling on one specific person.  I groaned inwardly, I just couldn’t get away, could I?  It seemed fate intended him to be my forever doom.

“I already know Kylie,”  Ethan grinned, putting his arm around my shoulder.  I flinched at his attempt, and knocked him off. 

“We met through a very unfortunate encounter.”  I muttered under my breath.  “Very unfortunate.”

“Kylie!”  Ever got up from the table and gave me a hug.  “I’m so glad you have first lunch too.  Must be good fortune.”

“Whoa, you all know each other?”  Chez asked surprised, looking from me to Evelyn to Ethan.  We all nodded.

“Well, I don’t know her.”  A voice said behind me.  I swiveled around to come face to face with a tall, lean yet muscular guy.  His dark hair was brushed in front of his eyes.  He was wearing dark skinny jeans and a t-shirt despite the cold.  His eyes were chocolate brown, and his skin tanned from being out in the sun.

“Hi?”  I tried hesitantly, staring back at him.

“Hello, there, and what might your name be?”  He inquired, in a low voice, leaning down at me.

“Uh, Kylie?  And yours?”  I responded, a little ruffled by his manner.

“I am,”  He paused dramatically.  “Aiden.  Aiden Cullen.”

“By any chance, related to Edward Cullen?”  I teased.

“I am a vampire,”  His eyes seem to pierce into mine.

“So, you are related!”  I exclaimed excitedly, pointing to the door leading outside.  “I want to see you sparkle!”  I demanded.