Truth or Dare: Chapter 42

A/N: Nearing the end; Nearing the end.  Longer than the last chapter so that's good(:  If it comes out forced-- sorry!  I definitely will edit everything once I'm done with it all.  Also, any mistakes-- again, sorry, I wrote this while I had a real bad headache...

Vote? Comment?  Read :D  ENJOY!

**********************************************************************************************************

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?

~William Shakespeare

I lounged around my room, lazily, completely unsure what to do.  It was summer; my parents were at work, and I was, of course, left home with my brother who was probably off playing some sort of video game or another.  My laptop sat open, untouched, in front of me with only Facebook pulled up and a constant feed of what was happening on it.  Grimacing, I fully realized what a complete loser I was, sitting around and wasting my summer away on my laptop that stayed on for practically the entire day.  

Truthfully, I missed school.  The past three weeks of summer vacation, ever since the fair incident, had been completely boring.  Yes, three weeks.  And Dustin still hasn’t made his move on whatever girl he was suppose to make his move on.  Briefly, I wondered if perhaps he had gotten cold feet and decided not to.

Then again, he had seemed pretty eager for it to happen.

Awkwardly, I got off of my bed for the second time that day and walked over to the window that carried the bright afternoon sunlight into my room.  My eyes wandered until it hit that one specific house and then wondered whether anyone there was home.  In truth, I haven’t talked to Chez, Ethan, or Blake during the past three weeks besides short conversations over Facebook.  And those hardly count.

Feeling a sudden boost of determination, I grabbed my phone and quickly dialed Chez’s number.   For a long time, only the ringing tone of the call trying to get through filled the silence in the air.  I got up and started pacing around impatiently until finally hearing a distinct click in the background.

“Hello?”  Chez’s voice came out muffled from the phone.  

I broke into a slight smile before replying, “Hey Chez?  It’s Kylie.”

“Oh Kylie!”  she said with her tone completely changing.  “How are you?  Long time no talk!”

“I know right?  I’ve been good.  And you?”

“Enjoying summer as usual.”

“Yea,”  I drifted off.  “Um, do you want to do something today?  Because I’ve literally been doing nothing this entire summer besides wasting my time away on a laptop and-- well that’s it.  It’s pretty pathetic and--”

“Whoa there,”  she said laughing from the other end.  “I’d love to especially since I’ve been doing the same thing.”

“Really?”  I said skeptically.  “What about Aiden?”

She cleared her throat embarrassingly.  “Okay, maybe not the exact same.”

“What have you guys been doing?”  I asked suggestively with a teasing voice.

“Lots,”  she said with the same tone, and I could almost imagine a smirk coming from her. 

I gave a short burst of laughter, trying to ignore the pictures that were popping up in my head.  “I believe that surprisingly.  Anyways, do you want to do anything today?”