Truth or Dare: Chapter 20

***Author's note- I'd be lying if I said I didn't get any interesting responses on how to get her to Sadies xD  But the one that's honestly has got to be the best one is 'Having her Aunt and Uncle get laid' << seriously made my day (; Anyways, I'd just thought I'd share that little thing... Enjoy :D

************************************************************************************************************

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.  ~Dalai Lama

“Please.”

“No.”  She stood there firmly, her arms akimbo, looking sternly at me.  “I said no for the last time, you may not go.”

“Plea--”

“Kylie.”  She warned, sounding exasperated.  

Sighing in frustration, I glared daggers at my mom.  My eyes slid to the calendar that was tacked onto the wall right behind her.  It read: February 14th: the day of the Sadies Dance, and I still wasn’t able to break my mom into letting me go.  Don’t get me wrong, I’ve tried nearly everything that came to mind.  I even went as far as mentioning how I might fail my English class if I’m not able to go (but she didn’t fall for it one bit).  The worse part of it all was that I still haven’t told anyone I wasn’t going yet; everyone assumed I was.

Stifling a groan, I turned back to my mom, who was still giving me a stern look.  Wild thoughts ran quickly through my head as I tried to come up with even the slightest excuse that just might give me the chance to attend.  Unfortunately, my ‘genius’ brain failed me once again.  “Can I at least go over to Chez’s real quick to tell her I can’t come?”  I pleaded practically dropping to my knees. 

My mom hesitated for a moment, looking up at the clock, “You must be back within thirty minutes.”  She finally agreed bustling back into the kitchen to prepare the dinner tonight.  Nodding my thanks, I quickly walked the two minutes it took to get to Chez’s house.  Honestly, the two minutes couldn’t have passed faster.  

As I walked up the front steps towards her house, I made sure to drag each of my steps through the dirt, knowing full well that was how to wear out shoes the fastest.  My finger hesitated over the doorbell as I tried to come up with as many reasonable excuses I could possibly use for not being able to go.  I closed my eyes tightly, feeling myself hyperventilate.  

I am so screwed, I thought shakily, pressing down on the doorbell.  Forever doomed for embarrassment.  There was a long pause, and I nervously held my breath.  What a perfect time for the dramatic music to come in, I mused wryly.  After nearly a full minute, I furrowed my eyebrow in confusion and pressed down on the doorbell again, this time less hesitantly.  After a few moments, Ethan opened up the door, and I gaped at him.  What the heck is he doing here?

“Sorry, I was using the bathroom, and as much as I know you want to see me with my pants down, it’s a no can do for now,”  he winked at me.  

“Why are you here?”  I pointed a shaky finger at him, ignoring his previous comment. 

“Well that’s a disappointing response.”  he frowned.

“I can’t please you all the time.”  I retorted.

“You sure about--” 

“Kylie!”  Chez cut him off, running down the stairs and throwing her arms around me.  “You’re here!”   To my great dismay, she was already fully dressed in her Sadies outfit, which made me feel all the more worse.