28- I fell down the stairs...twice

Day 28

Thursday

*Amy

We have to start bringing our stuff over to uncle Marcus's house, John still isn't in the best shape so we are waiting for uncle Marcus to go to work before we bring our stuff over. I really don't want to get the attention of the criminals again, they know where we are and will probably keep track of us so if we do something in the future they can find us. We are on their radar.

I finished stuffing my blankets into a box along with some of my pillows for my bed, I think I'm actually going to miss this place after we leave and the bank takes it over. We have four days to move out but we are moving out early so we aren't rushing to get out on the last day.

I stack the box on top of the other boxes that now hold most of my other items coming out of my room, I was able to fit all my clothes in two boxes while John's clothes only took half a box. Sometimes I don't know where the kid gets the clothes he wears because with the variety he has they can't be his.

"Amy, how are we going to move our beds over?" John asks coming out of his room carrying a box just like the one I just set down.

"Marcus is going to rent one of the moving trucks to so we can take some of the furniture with us."

"Why can't we just put the boxes in the moving truck?"

"Because he doesn't get it until tomorrow and we need to start getting our stuff over there today."

"Why?"

"Because I want to start settling into my new room. Stop asking questions." I go back up to my nearly bare room and look around. Only my bed, dresser, and clothes for tomorrow are still up here.

I sit down on my bed, it only has one blanket and one pillow on it, but that's all I need to sleep. I fall back and stare at my ceiling, we are leaving soon. This will no longer be our home. The thought seems weird and almost impossible but the fact that I have packed my entire room almost makes it seem more plausible.

"Amy, I have my stuff in the car." I go back down and put two more boxes in the car and we start our first trip out to Marcus's house. We haven't been there before but I know he always has two extra bedrooms just in case we didn't have a place to stay.

I pulled into the driveway of a smallish house and got out, I don't know how I am going to fit all my stuff in my room if the outside of the house is this small. John grabs his first box and stumbles behind me as I try to remember where uncle Marcus said he would leave the key.

I find it taped to one of the lower branches in a small bush next to his porch, it was hidden well and only if someone had a couple minutes to look for it would they be able to find it. I unlock the door and start looking around, Marcus keeps it very clean and organized. I see the kitchen through a small door to the left and a hallway to the right that probably leads to the bedrooms.

I walk into the hallway to the bedrooms and find two small rooms, our rooms. They both have small closets and not enough space to fit all of our stuff into, it does have shelves built into the wall and what looks to be a built in desk but I know there isn't enough space. I claim the bigger room before John can get there and run out to the car to grab some boxes.

I finish getting mine quickly because I only have two in this load so I help John get his into his room. Once we finish John decides to come back with me for the second load even though he already has everything. I wouldn't want to be left alone here either if I just got back from a kidnapping.

"John, how do you feel about Lucas, Blake, and David leaving in a few days?"

"I want Blake to stay, he's like an older brother to me but I know he has to go and we probably won't see each other again so I pretend it's three years later and I have already forgotten them."