16- The hostage game

Day 16

Saturday

*Lucas

"Get your guns, we are leaving in three minutes." That is David, he is now back in charge of getting the treasure of Enki. I just hope he doesn't make us shoot them, I know I normally keep my gun unloaded but Blake and David like to have their's loaded and ready when they go. I finished lacing up my shoes then went to the front door, meeting David there. I can't even look him in the face, he has been shaming me for not getting the treasure of Enki since we left Thursday.

"Lucas, are you ready?" Blake asks shoving his gun into it's holster.

"Yes, I am." I look at him but he doesn't look back at me, he just keeps playing with his equipment.

"Are you sure, do you have your gun, is it loaded? Do you have your knives, what about your watch and headset? Do you have everything?" He glances up and glares at me, he is treating me like a child. I take a deep breath and calm myself, I am not a child and I can just ignore him. Don't react. I look up at his face again, still a mask of anger and disappointment.

"I have everything, Blake." I say as I realize I don't have my headset. Damn, this is embarrassing, do I just leave without it? David is shutting his door behind him, we stayed at his house last night and my stuff is up in his room.

"Lucas, you forgot your headset." Says David annoyed, I will never be able to gain any respect from them again. He throws it to me, the worst part is I couldn't even catch it. I quickly grab it off the ground and put it on, getting more annoyed looks from David and Blake.

"Let's go. Lucas, in the back seat." David says as I am opening the door to the passenger seat. I let out a sigh of embarrassment as I climb into the back, I don't ever get to ride in the front when we are on good terms so I don't know why I was trying to get in the passenger seat.

"What's the plan?" I ask once we stop outside the neighborhood. They seem to ignore me at first but then David turns around to address my question.

"We are going to go in there and take one and keep him or her at gun point until they give us the treasure of Enki." As soon as he is done explaining Blake and David get out without warning me and I am left in the car. I scramble to get out and catch up with them but they are already in the house when I get to the door. I walk in and look around, I walk into the living room and see Amy's brother being held at gun point and Blake just standing by the entrance to the living room.

"We want the gold statue, you know what we are talking about." David is talking directly to Amy while he keeps the gun to John's head. I really didn't think they would take it this far.

"I don't know where it is." Amy takes a step forward but Blake is already there stopping her from moving any closer to her brother. He waves his gun around a little then rests the butt of the gun on her shoulder like she is a human shield he will need to shoot around.

"Tell me where it is or I will shoot." Oh shit, please don't do this. I watch Amy, she seems calm enough but when she speaks I can hear her voice shaking.

"John, just tell him where it is. It isn't worth your life." Her brother looks scared but defiant. I don't know what to do, I don't want the kid's death to be on my conscience because I didn't do anything to stop it.

"No." He says it while shaking his head. I close my eyes, waiting for what David is going to do next. A long moment passes where everyone is quiet, David didn't expect the kid to refuse so now he has to think of his next move.

I hear Amy suck in her breath quickly, drawing attention to her. She knows something we don't because everybody is looking around confused, even her brother. Amy closes her eyes and seems to be panicking, what did she do?