Prologue

*Amy

"Amy, we are leaving!" that's mom, she and dad are going on an eighteen-day fun trip around the world, they're going to be country hopping in Europe and Asia. That leaves me with John and the responsibility to take care of the house while they are gone.

"Okay, see you when you get back." Carlos our father doesn't say anything, John and I suspect that he doesn't care the slightest bit about us. If you were to ask him what I wanted to be he would respond with house wife, not what I want. I want to be a police detective because I feel a need for some sort of excitement and danger in my life. If you were to ask him what John loves to do he would say play football, and he's wrong again. John only likes to play his video games and since it's summer now, that's the only thing he's going to be doing.

It's funny to think that I am half Mexican, I don't really look the part with my fair skin and light blue eyes, but I guess I take after my mom more than I do Carlos. Some people that don't know my mom and Carlos think that my mom cheated on him because of the way I look, we even got a blood test done and it says I am his daughter. We only got the blood test so the other people could be sure, Carlos had no doubt in his mind that my mother was one hundred percent loyal to him and only him.

"Oh, and don't forget to feed the cat!"

"Okay." we have a cat? "Here kitty, kitty, kitty." I call thinking it might come, oh well, maybe John knows where it's bowl is.

I walk down stairs and watch as mom and Carlos get into their private limousine that will take them to the airport. Them and their stupid fancy ass cars, they could have driven themselves but they feel they are above that, above everyone else. But looking from their point of view, I wouldn't really want to leave my super expensive car at an airport where anyone can go up to it, break the window, and steal it.

There was a time Mom didn't go with Carlos on these trips but after he got home from one and she suspected that he was cheating on her, to prove he wasn't he wanted her to come with him on all his trips. Nobody can question Carlos's love for his wife, but his love for his kids is extremely questionable. He never shows us any affection or even acknowledges us. I envy the people who have fathers and mothers that know them well and love them, but there still is a plus side, like they don't rally care where we go and with who. Thank god I have enough street smarts to survive, poor John doesn't go outside the house a lot so to him the word seems like one big game where you have multiple lives.

Sometimes I wish both my parents would disappear so I could start living my life now, I guess if I really wanted to be positive I could look at them going on their super fancy, long trips to be a good thing.

Oh and I think I forgot to mention something, we're rich. Only problem is that Carlos refuses to let us have house helpers. Makes it a little harder having a large house 'cause it is John and I who do a lot of the cleaning, especially when mom and Carlos are gone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, so still working on this. My brothers are helping me come up with more ideas, I think this is going to turn out a lot better than my first book, hope you like it. I will try to have the first chapter up in five days or less.