12- How to sword fight...without a real sword

Day 12

Wednesday

*Amy

Almost right as I am getting up I hear the doorbell ring. I bet that is Zach, coming over this early just to make me feel lazy. I make my way to the front door, almost forgetting to use the back stair case again, and answer it with droopy eyelids. It is so tempting to just go back to sleep right now, it is calling my name louder than the Ferrari was.

"Hey there, rise and shine." Zach says in an all too cheerful voice. I lean against the wall and feel myself drift back off into sleep. I am vaguely aware that Zach came into the house and closed the door. I tried to wake up and warn him in time, but it was too late. He was already sprawled out on the floor looking around trying to find what tripped him.

"I was going to warn you, but you came in too fast." I say yawning. He gets up and brushes himself off.

"You look really tired." He says giving my arm a small little punch. I almost topple over and I would have if he didn't jump over and catch me.

"I want to go back to bed." I say almost asleep in his arms as he is trying to get me to stand up on my own.

"Are you sure you are feeling well today?" He asks touching my forehead.

"Never been better." I say yawning again. I rub my eyes, still trying to wake up.

"Your forehead feels warm."

"I'm fine, let's just get John up and start working on what you wanted to show us." He helps me to the couch and I feel like a cripple.

"I'll go get John." As soon as he leaves I start struggling to stay awake, I waited as long as I could. My eye lids began to droop and I eventually couldn't keep them open any longer. I had lost the battle against sleep, when I opened my eyes the sun was getting ready to set. Zach is still here and I am feeling a little better so I get up to see what he is teaching John.

"Are you teaching him to sword fight, without a sword?" I ask slightly amused. I know John is probably ready to kick some burglar butt so I decide to tease a little.

"I am so much better than you." John says bragging. Being Zach's friends his obsession with sword play has taught me a few things.

"Bring it on." I say picking up a piece of pipe similar to the one John was using. He got in his ready position and I got in mine, he may have had a whole day to learn from Zach, but I have had years.

"Go." Zach says standing away from the fight.

*John

Zach spent the whole day glancing back over at Amy while he was teaching me each block and strike. He seemed really worried for her and I wouldn't mind if she dated him. I don't like most guys hanging around Amy, but Zach is ok.

I'm glad she hasn't dated any guys for a while, not since the first one. I didn't like him but I think Amy might have been in love with him. I don't believe that you can fall in love at a young age, but Amy proved me wrong. The guy, unfortunately for her, didn't love her back and dumped her then moved. Mom and Carlos didn't know because they couldn't see how depressed she was.

I focus back on the strikes, getting Amy's love life out of my head. Zach looked over at her again. I felt like hitting him so he would stop worrying about her, this isn't worrying, it was more like obsessing. I hit him in the shin, not too hard but I got his attention.

"I can't focus if you can't." I say looking him in the eyes. He shakes his head.

"Let's spar." He says taking up his pipe.