22- The path that ends up with you in the trunk of a car

Day 22

Friday

*John

I woke up to someone pushing me around, I was still in my bed, what time is it?

Why would Amy wake me up this early? I try to push the hands away that keep trying to pull me out of my bed but they won't leave me alone.

"Amy! Stop it! I'm trying to sleep." I say turning over, putting my back to her. I keep my eyes shut tight and try to just ignore her, but she starts pulling me out of my bed. I twist out of her grip and go back to facing the wall, she is starting to make me mad now, why can't she just leave me alone. It's too early to be up.

"Amy, what do you want? I want to sleep." I say whining, there had better be a good reason for her waking me up at-what time is it? Two in the morning or something? I open my eyes and they start to adjust.

I see a man standing over me, oh god, how could I think that was Amy? This isn't good, I can tell I might be in a bad situation.

"Get up and come with us or we'll kill you." My heart starts to race and my I almost stop breathing when I comprehend what he said. Number one: I am being kidnapped for some reason. Number two: There are more than one of them.

I slowly get up and the next thing I know I am grabbed by the collar of my shirt and dragged out of my room. I get ready to scream but the barrel of a gun pushing into my back stopped me before I could even open my mouth. This is not good, what do I do, what do I do?

I slow down a little and stumble, maybe if I make some noise Amy will hear me. I trip over my feet and fall, not catching myself with my hands and making a loud noise. The guy behind me let out a sigh of irritation and yanked me up by the back of my shirt.

"Don't do that again." he growls in my ear, what do I do now? I feel the cold sweat dripping down my back. Please let me wake up now, please let me wake up now. I close my eyes and start walking slowly again, why me? I know this is selfish, but why not Amy?

I hear someone walking down the stairs, Amy will find me and get rid of the bastard. I hear the footsteps get closer and start to get excited, I'm saved. I purposely kick the ground to try to get Amy's attention. She must have heard because the footsteps stopped for a minute before continuing.

"Will you make him stop?" Not Amy. My hope disappears and is replaced by hopelessness and frustration, I am back to being scared for my life. I feel the guy behind me hit me in the head when I make another noise.

"Stay quiet or I will shoot a hole in your foot." He says, I have no doubt that he will shoot me, this guy doesn't seem like the kind of guy to mess with. He seems so different from the other guys, I wasn't this scared when I was being held at gun point by them.

I nod and continue to move quietly until we are at the front door, nothing is broken. They must have picked the lock or we left the door open. it's probably the latter, we aren't very good at locking doors. I mentally kick myself for not locking the door, but I'm guessing that even if we did lock the door they would have found another way in, this wasn't a 'if the door is locked we go home' sort of mission.

He pushes me out the door and I officially know I am a goner, no going back. My life is going to be very different from now on. They push me into the trunk of a car and tie my hands, I don't want to die. I really want to wake up now, please let me wake up. Please let this all just be a really bad dream.

I sit in the trunk for a few minutes, I don't think I have realized that I have been kidnapped yet. I listen to them talking for a little bit then I feel myself fading away into sleep, best thing to do right now. I have nothing else to do, it's in the middle of the night, and I'm tired,