17- Wonder how many times they have been arrested...

Day 17

Sunday

John

I woke up first, I couldn't hear Amy moving around in the room above so I tried to go back to sleep. I laid there for about half a hour then gave up. I got up and went upstairs to Amy's room. I started pounding on the door and yelling for her to get up. She didn't open the door or even yell back, I know she is awake.

"Amy?" I ask as I stop pounding. I walk into her room slowly, she isn't here. I look at her alarm clock. It reads seven. Where is she? She couldn't have left to go do something. Unless it is like the other day when she went to get coffee.

"You called me." I hear Amy right behind me. I jump and turn around. She is like a freaking ninja, you don't hear her until she wants to be heard.

"How did you get up here?"

"I slept on the couch, heard you yelling. What's wrong?" I give her a big smile and she pretends it is too bright.

"Breakfast, please."

"Only if you want food poisoning." she says bitterly, I roll my eyes and we walk down stairs.

Amy dramatically pulls out a bowl and fills it with cereal, not the most exciting breakfast. I was hoping for something like eggs or pancakes, but I know pancakes are a little above her level.

"Breakfast is served." She says pushing the bowl to me, I stare at it for a moment before pouring in the milk and taking my first bite.

I eat it as fast as I can so the taste doesn't stay in my mouth for too long, even the texture was weird and make me feel a little sick. This is worse than Amy's cooking, and that is saying something.

"What did you eat?" I ask when she just watches me.

"Fresh fruit and pancakes." She smiles a wicked smile as she looks down at my bowl of cereal. She is lying, she can't figure out how to cook pancakes.

"Bull shit."

"Really, for pancakes all you have to do is add water and put it in the pan for a little while on each side." I had to eat this crap while she ate pancakes?

"Any left?"

"Nope."

"Any news on Megan?" Her face seems to darken when I say Megan's name.

"No, not yet." She puts the phone on the table and I put my bowl in the sink.

The phone rings after five minutes of waiting and Amy answers on the first ring. At first she doesn't say anything, I don't think they are talking either.

"Hello?"

"What time?"

"Okay, we will be there." Then she hangs up.

"Where and when?" I ask as she runs up to her room.

"We have twenty minutes to get to Starbucks." I race into my room and get jeans on the pull on my shoes. Seeing Amy so tortured looking doesn't make me feel good about withholding the treasure in the beginning.

"John, hurry up." Is she already done? I thought girls were supposed to take longer than guys to get dressed. I lookout in the living room and see her slipping on her shoes.

"Coming." I run upstairs and grab the treasure of Enki. I already hear the car engine being revved up. She doesn't need to be this impatient, I have the treasure now and we still have eighteen minutes to get there. I run to the front of the house and climb into the Ferrari, almost as soon as I am in the car she is backing out of the driveway.