24- Looks matter

Day 24

Sunday

*Amy

I didn't even have to set an alarm, I was up before the sun even began to rise. I quickly changed out of the large t-shirt I was wearing as pajamas, even though I had gone over to my house yesterday I forgot to grab some clothes so I stole a shirt from the room right next to mine. I think the room might have been Lucas's but nobody was in there so I couldn't tell.

I grab my shoes and my keys then quietly open the door to their house, I had passed Blake's room without a problem and nobody was up yet to stop me. Later last night I had found the address of where John was being held and I now have it in my phone so I can get there, it isn't even that far from here, maybe twenty miles or so.

I open my car door and slide into the driver's seat, this was too easy. I put my shoes on now that I'm outside the house and there is less of a risk of them hearing my shoes on the floor, scratch that, there is zero chance.

I close my door and get ready to put the key in my car when the front door opens, I look up and miss the slot for the key. I get it in and get ready to put it into reverse when someone yanks the keys out, I hadn't even seen them move from the door to my car.

I was frozen in surprise for a moment until the clanking of the keys together broke me out of the shocked state I was in and I looked up to see Blake holding them. He looked pissed, I gave a smile and tried to grab them but he moved them out of my reach quickly.

"Where are you going?" He asks casually as I get out of the car.

"Nowhere now." I say looking up at my keys raised high above my head, the woes of being short.

"Before I took your keys."

"Somewhere." I say to avoid telling him the truth. He stares at me and jingles the keys again.

"I won't tell Lucas anything, swear."

"John." I say and try to grab the keys again.

"You know where he is?"

"Yeah, I was going to get him."

"You found the treasure yesterday?"

"No."

"Then they would have killed you both." He says. I finally actually look at him and his shirt is on back wards and inside out, his pants aren't even buttoned. He must have really gotten up quickly to stop me.

"You know you should fix that." I say pointing at all his clothes before shutting the car door and going back inside the house.

"Don't try to leave without us knowing then, lucky Lucas didn't wake up, he would have had a complete freak out."

"It almost sounds like I'm being held prisoner here." I laugh a little.

"Come on then, I will show you to your cell." He says back, I hope he was just joking.

I go back up to my room because Blake won't give me my car keys back. Right as I make it up the stairs Lucas's door opens, I freeze like a deer caught in headlights.

"You're up early, I thought I heard something."

"Yeah, just had to get some water."

"Then why are you dressed in your normal clothes?"

"I don't have anything else to sleep in." Except your overly large shirt.

"But you took...never mind." He goes back into his room and I change into the shirt I stole, it's so soft and goes halfway down my thighs so it's very comfortable and I don't overheat in it.