#18: When It All Fell Apart

Naoki visited Tamiko and cried in her bed. Tamiko caressed her hair listening to her sobs. "Sorry, Tamiko-san. Every time I come here, I complain and cry", Naoki managed to aplogized. "Uhmm... Cry as much as you want. I cant do anything but to be your crying shoulder", Tamiko smiled. Shigure's back to his work.

Yata kicked the chair. "That Reiko... She's that girl in the Scepter 4?!!!", Yata got angry. "Who told you?", Izumo asked. "One of our clansmen overheard your conversation!!!", Yata raised his voice. "Why are you so angry, Yata-san?", Anna asked. "It wasnt just that Monkey who betrayed us. That girl who we accepted in this home also was a traitor!!!", Yata punched the wall. The rest of the HOMRA bit their lips. Their King died and they learned about a treachery. Reiko Nao entered the bar. What a perfect timing. Izumo thought. "Everyone, I heard that Mikoto-san already passed away", Reiko bowed her head. "Ah, and we also know that you're a traitor. Did you ask Mikoto-san to surrender himself to Scepter 4?", Yata glared at her. Reiko removed her disguise and went back to Naoki. She knelt down. "I dont expect you to forgive me as possible as you can. I want to ask for forgiveness for deceiving and lying. It was me who asked Mikoto-san to take refuge at Scepter 4", Naoki confessed. "If I didnt do that, then you have longer time to be with them. I regret everything that I've done", Naoki raised her head and saw Anna in front of her. Anna slapped her hard. "Take her away from here,",  Anna ordered as she looked at her with disgusted eyes. Izumo assisted Naoki to stand and he pushed her out of the bar with no words coming out from his mouth.

Naoki walked around the city circle.

Naoki Kauri's POV
I wonder how may times had I asked for forgiveness. Shigure Miura and Reiko Nao had been blown up. I sat at the park's bench. Time check. Its already 6:30 pm and its already this dark. I deserve this things since I enjoyed while I was deceiving people. Students are passing in front of me. Some HOMRAs are picking fight with normal gangsters. I forgot to bring jacket since I rushed and changed into Reiko. Now, I'm wearing a blouse and a skirt. My phone rang. It was Fushimi-san.

Fushimi: Captain is calling for the front liners to pass individual records.

Naoki: I'll just send it via mail. I wont be going there tonight.

I ended the conversation and went back at the hospital.

No One's POV
Naoki woke up at the couch next to Tamiko. She was shocked that the bed was empty. She rushed at the front desk and asked what happened. "Tamiko-san's condition is starting to get complicated", the nurse informed and told Naoki that she's staying at the ICU. Naoki called the headquarters and asked for an emergency leave. She stayed beside Tamiko the whole day.

Tamiko's wearing oxygen and tons of dextrose are connected to her. Tamiko woke up and saw Naoki sitting at the chair and her head leaning at the bed. She patted Naoki's head. "Kauri, are you still there?", she asked. Naoki got her hand and pressed it to her chest. "Uhm, I'm here. I already called my brother", Naoki informed while trying to be strong. "Kauri, remember the days when you were still at that orphanage. I learnes that it was a place for sindicates so I came to rescue the two of you. I felt bad that I wasnt able to save the rest of the children. Kauri, do good in your service with the Scepter", Tamiko narrated. "How can I possibly pay back your kidness?", Naoki bowed her head . "Pay it forward. There are also people who needs you right now", Tamiko answered. Tamiko had a long sigh. "Kauri, I'm a bit thirsty. Can you buy me a lemonade?", Tamiko requested. "Wait for me, okay?", Naoki hurriedly went outside.

The Captain wore a lab gown and so with Fushimi. "You're fast Kauri", Tamiko slightly tilted her head and saw Reishi and Fushimi. "Good evening, madame. I am Reishi Munakata, the current Blue King and beside me is my third man in command, Fushimi Saruhiko", Reishi bowed. "Oh my, forgive me. My eyes are foggy that is why I can no longer recognize your face", Tamiko apologized. "Naoki Kauri done a great job in Scepter 4", Reishi reported. "That is good to know. Your Highness, it might be selfish to ask this but please take good care of Kauri", Tamiko requested. Reishi nodded. "Fushimi-kun", Tamiko raised her hand. Fushimi enclosed it with his. "Thank you for teaching Kauri a lot of things", Tamiko smiled. "It was the opposite, Ma'am", Fushimi averted his stares. "She told me you're a handsome man. I hope you'd be a good pair", Tamiko managed to tease him. Reishi chuckled while Fushimi clicked his tongue. "Thats not a good answer to a dying woman", Tamiko lectured. "I will do my best", Fushimi said shyly. After a while, Tamiko closed her eyes and the ECG drew a straight line. Reishi went to call the doctor. The were asked to wait outside.

Naoki walked on the aisle and saw two men in Scepter Uniform. She can tell it was Reishi and Fushimi. She dropped the lemonade drink she ordered when she saw doctors rushing inside the room. Naoki tried to enter but it is prohibitted. Fushimi pulled her outside as Reishi forced her to sit at the bench. "Fushimi, take control from here on. I have a meeting with the Prime Minister", Reishi ordered and left.

Naoki cried in silence while covering her face. Fushimi got a handkerchief from his pocket and offered it. Naoki slowly took it and wiped her nose. "Sorry that you have to come here because I was slacking off", Naoki said softly.

The doctor went out with a sad look on his face. '"9:45 pm. Time of death. She's been suffering from Tubercolosis and cannot respond to medical treatment due to old age", the doctor informed. Naoki went inside and hugged the corpse of Tamiko. "She cant stay there for an hour, we have to clean the body", the doctor instructed Fushimi.

Awww... Poor Naoki. Im so sad that Tamiko had to die

How will Fushimi act?

Lets see...

Thank you for reading this far.