Chapter 27

Not a big fan of 'one direction' but due to my friends I've heard mostly all there songs and this is the only one I like.

After a while of talking and a whole lot of convincing I got Fern out of her room. We were right now heading to the throne room to meet up with everybody. "Let me go!" Fern moaned as I held er by her wrist and dragged her across the halls.
Okay so I admit the convincing lasted when she stepped out her room, then I just gave up and started dragging her along. When we reached the throne room doors I pushed them open catching everyones attention. "Come along Fern!" I grumbled as I pushed her in front of me and through the room. She stumbled forward, shuffling on her feet, before standing straight up and looking at a stunned crowd. "Bye!" She shouted before jumping in the air, flapping her wings and shooting off to the exit across the room. I quickly lit the doors on fire, of all the exits. "Melody!" She shouted before shooting over to me. "Fern! Explain yourself!?" Aira commanded.
Fern immediately landed and shuffled on her feet. "Melody and Tyler came to me last night, knowing a way to find the guy hunting us, but in order for us to find him I had to cast a spell of black magic. I told them no, but in my room did it anyways. When using black magic you have to pay a price and my punishment was to bare these wings till the day I die." She explained. "The books was definitely right, your definitely reckless." Aira pointed out. Fern smiled proud of that statement, before turning to a complete pissed off Jesse. "You did this without consulting us, and risked your life for it. Do you remember what happened last time you used BLACK MAGIC!? You almost died!" He shouted glaring at me and Tyler. "It was my choice, last time I didn't know any better, this time I did. And yes I would risk my life even if it meant finding the guy hurting me and my sisters. You know who is trying to kill us, the same person who tryed to kill me and you when we first met!" Fern argued before teleporting out the room.
"Wait! Who tryed kill you two?" Aira asked before any of us could ask the same. Jesse huffed before dropping his head. "My brother" Jesse answered.

Fern's POV

I teleported back into my room and sat on the bed. I can't believe Jesse would make that outburst at me. He knew how much I fought for my family, he knew that of it meant helping someone I loved I'd do it with out hesitation.
I slammed my hands on my knees and stood back onto my feet to only be pushed back on the bed. I looked up to see Cole standing in front of me. "Did you and my brother have an argument?" He snikered. "What do you want?" I growled noticing the familiar dagger in his hand. "I want what I came for." He answered before clutching the dagger in his fist and stabbing it into my shoulder. "Ahhh" I roared out in pain as blood trickled down my arm. I bit down on my lip, before pushing off the bed and kicking Cole in the stomach. "No!" I snapped before using my magic to hold him in the air away from me. "Sweetheart you should know by now, black magic over powers yours." She laughed before dropping back to the ground and throwing the dagger to my leg. "Ahh" I moaned out in pain before falling to my knees. He chuckled before walking over to me and grabbing the dagger. He grabbed my shoulder before pushing the dagger further into my leg making me cry out, louder in pain. "Whoops did that one hurt?" He asked, but I knew he didn't mean it. I glared at him before the door bursted open and Jesse stood at the entrance. "Leave her alone Cole!" He demanded holding his sword.
Cole looked to him before bursting into laughter. "What are you gonna do? Be the hero and keep your little girlfriend away from me?" Cole asked with a wide maniac smile. "Leave. Her. Alone." Jesse repeated. "Fine, but let me do one more thing before I go." Cole said looking back to me. Cole pulled the knife back out of my leg and licked the blood off. "Change my mind, your coming with me." Cole said, grabbing my shoulder and teleporting us away.