Chapter 8

When we reached the camp, I set Daniel on the ground and sat next to his injured arm. "Ow!" He snapped when I put my hand on the wound. "Can't heal it if I can't touch it." I said before focusing on my magic. I closed my eyes and focused on how his arm looked before it was cut. My hand glowed green as my power was drained and put into healing his arm and giving him strength. Once the wound was completely healed I removed my head and slowly stood up. "Change your clothes so I can wash the bloodied one's. When you've changed bring them to the river." I commanded before standing up and walking to the rushing river.

Jesse's POV

I watched as Fern walked to the river with a slow lymph. "Why is she hurt?" Christopher asked as we walked to the fire. "Last night we were fighting to protect a little elf named Melody. She was attacked for some reason so we fought to protect her, ending up with a few injuries. She got cut deep in the back of her leg. She healed me, but refuses to heal herself. She must still be a little sore, but I'll heal her tonight." I answered. "You have magic?" He asked with shock. "Yes, she tought we a few years ago and is still teaching me now." I said before I pulled out a knife and started to skin the buck. "She is strong, very much like her mother." Chris said making my jaw drop. "You knew her mother?" I asked.
"Yes, we were close friends, her farther died in the war so her mother went to me and we raised her. After we were attacked I ran, and they were both captured. I don't think she remembers me cause she was so young." Chris explained. "Why'd you run?" I asked a little angered that he could have protected her. "That's what I promised her mother, if they were caught I promised her that I would run and not help them. She said it was to help Fern. I guess it makes sense now." He finished and my anger loosened.
We sat in silence after that before Danile walked over and took the buck from me. "She wants to talk to you." He said as he continued my job. I nodded before getting up and walking over to the river. "You wished for me, my love." I said making her smiled at the nickname. "Would you like to continue your training?" She asked. I laughed before sitting next to her.

"Alright lift the water and create a bubble." She commanded. I did as she said and created a bubble of water. "Now I want you to lift the shirt and put in the bubble. Then I want you to pull out all the blood from the shirt. "Isn't this your job?" I asked with a smirk. "Yes, but you need to learn, so do as I say." She waved off ad I huffed before following her instructions. Once I had all the blood pulled out the shirt, I separated the blood from the water and from the shirt. "Good, now get rid of the blood, put the water back and hand me the shirt." She said and I did that as well. She then hung the shirt to a tree and allowed it to drip dry. "You did well in you lesson." She complimented standing face to face with me. "All I did was clean some clothes" I sighed making her laugh. "And saving one less job for me to do." She snikered and I gave her a playful glare. "Cheater, you know how I punish cheaters." I threatened before pulling her against my chest. "Mmmhm, how is that?" She hummed. I laughed before brushing my lips softly against hers. "Oh your so mean" she laughed against my lips as they moved in sync with hers.

(River above)