Chapter 26

Melody's POV

I walked into the mess hall with Tyler, grabbed some food, and sat with the others at our usual table. "Where's Fern?" I asked noticing her chair empty. "Must've slept in" Tyler shrugged. "No, Fern never sleeps in, Aira, Jesse have you heard from Fern or Leaf Storm?" I asked looking to both of them for an answer. "When I went to her room this morning, Leaf Storm said she wasn't feeling well." Aira answered. "I'm going to check on her." I stated getting up from my chair. The others nodded, probably think I'm overreacting, but I have a feeling that I'm not.
I jogged out the mess hall, through the halls, and up to Ferns room. I knocked on the door and waited a minute before Leaf Storm opened the door. "Oh Melody, Fern isn't feeling good." She said blocking my view inside the room. I tryed looking over her, but she just moved to block me. "Leaf Storm let me in!" I commanded giving her my 'try me' glare. She huffed before moving and allowing me in. I looked around to see the room a trashy mess. "What happened here!?" I asked still scanning the room for Fern. "Leaf Storm who is in the room!?" I heard Fern shout from the bathroom. She sounded perfectly fine, what could be wrong with her.
"Spoke to soon" Leaf Storm mumbled in my head as the bathroom door opened and in walked Fern but not Fern. "Agh!" Fern shouted before running back into the bathroom and slamming the door shut. I quickly ran to the door and banged hard. "Fern! What happened!? What's you do!?" I questioned. "Its your fault, your the one who wanted me to use Dark Magic to find the guy hunting us. I casted the spell, but everyone knows the price to using that type of magic, I payed my price." She answered. "Fern, I'm sorry, please come out, its really not that bad." I pointed out.
I took a step away from the door as it opened and Fern walked out. "Having a pair of wings attached to your back isn't bad?" She sarcastically asked. I rolled my eyes before stepping closer to her hand touching her wings.
She no longer was an ordinary elf but now one with wings. They were like twenty feet long, brown colored, and shaped just like a birds wing. "They look beautiful" I admitted, cause I really do like them. "Shut up!" She grumbled.