Chapter 15

Fern's POV

"How are you feeling?" Jesse asked as I walked into the mess hall. "I'm fine Jesse" I said grabbing a plate of food and sitting down at a table. "No, you just had a demon ripped out of your soul, you shouldn't even be on your feet!" Katy defended as her, Melody, and Gary sat at the table with us. I rolled my eyes, looking over to Melody giving her a big smile, and she returned it. "I'm not one with following doctors orders." I sighed before finishing my food and getting up from my seat. "You'll have it easy, I have to watch her." Jesse whispered making everyone laugh. I faked a laugh before stepping on his foot and walking away.
When I reached the castle exit, I waved to the guards to let me out. They nodded and smiled before opening the door and allowing me passage. I walked to Leaf Storm and jumped on her back.
"You know Jesse told me not to let you fly." She stated. I shrugged before grabbing the reins. "FERN! GET YOURSELF OFF THAT DRAGON!!" Jesse shouted as he ran at us. I quickly whipped the reins but Leaf Storm didn't move.
I thought of a back up plan, but was pulled out of my thoughts by arms pulling me off Leaf Storms back and onto the ground. "Fern you know your grounded." Jesse growled and I just sighed. Giving him a playful smile I jumped into the air and flew high to the clouds. I looked down to see Jesse on my tail. "You'll never catch me!!" I shouted before flying fast through the sky's. I started to slow when I saw the town wanting to catch a glimpse of the people.
There were kids running around playing and adults shopping and shouting at the kids. I smiled before arms wrapped around my waist and held me tight. "Caught you" Jesse whispered in my ear. I fake laughed before descending from the sky. Right as I landed my knees buckled and I fell onto them. "Ahg" I groaned clutching my stomach as if I was gonna be sick. "Are you okay!?" Jesse asked as he kneeled to my side. "I'm fine" I waved him off as I pushed myself back up. "Nope" Jesse wispered as he helped me stand. He looked me up and down but found nothing that meant I was hurt. "Where are you hurting?" He asked raising an eyebrow. I shook my head, but regretted it, when something stabbed into my stomach. I groaned, looking down to it to see blood spilling onto my shirt. "What the-" Jesse said as he looked at the wound. "Black magic" I mumbled before leaning against a tree for more support. "How?" He asked as he helped me to sit on the ground. "Remember last year when someone tryed killing me in my dreams?" I asked and he nodded in response. "Our killer tryed another attempt." I explained.