Chapter 22

Melody's new form above

We walked into the castle to see the others gathered inside as well. "Melody!!" Everyone shouted looking at Melody's new form. "She looks gorgeous" the kid whispered looking at Melody as well. I rolled my eyes pushing the kid forward to Jesse. "Got the kid, but Melody wants to talk with him first." I told him.

Melody's POV

I walked into the cell room where the guy me and Fern caught was staying. I hated that he was treated like a criminal. I walked into his room and shut the door behind me. "Is Fern with you?" He asked keeping his gaze away from me. "No, its just me." I answered leaning against the wall.
"What is your name?" I asked. "Tyler" he answered. "Do you have magic?" "Yes" he plainly said now looking me in the eyes. "Why did you help me?" I questioned walking up closer to him. "You are the goddess of Fire. I wanted to help you, put my magic to good use." Tyler said. "But why me? You could have done some tricks or save my other sisters, but you chose me." I stated almost a foot away from him. This made no sense and he wasn't helping clear it up. "Melody, I came here to warn you. There is a trader amongst you, and your sister is not safe. I tried contacting you, but found out someone was trying to kill you. So I protected you with my magic, then contacted you." Tyler explained. "Wait, which of my sisters isn't safe?" I quickly asked. "The Air goddess" he answered. I nodded before running out the cell and back up the stairs. I quickly ran to the throne room and bursted in. "Where's Aira!?" I shouted. Everyone turned to me with a questioning look. "Aira went with Gary to the back court yard." Jesse answered. I looked to Fern -who was at his side- and frowned.
Fern gasped before running over and grabbing my hand. "back atrii!" She shouted before we teleported to the back courtyard.
Once we appeared again Aira held her sword as men circled her. "Dad" I whispered noticing my dad holding his sword to Aira.
He turned around and looked at me with a smirk. "Oh little Melody, why don't you go inside, you don't want to see me kill your sister." He said still smirking. "Over my dead body!" Fern yelled as she waved her hand at Aira making her disappear and reappear next to me. "That can be arranged Fern" my dad laughed. Aira grabbed my shoulders and started to pull me back to the castle doors as the men charged at Fern, my dad leading them. "Melody please get inside!" Aira begged looking into my eyes with sadness. I nodded, turning around and walking inside not taking another glance to my farther.

Fern's POV

I swirled my daggers in the palm of my hands as Gary stepped in front of me. "Betraying your own daughter, now that's cold." I growled making him laugh. "She was always to weak, just like her mother. I just needed to gain her trust and kill the sisters off one by one." He said getting his sword ready. "Then you'll have to kill me first." I snapped before grabbing the hilt of my dagger and throwing it to his chest. Right as the dagger was gonna pierce his skin it stopped in mid air. "Don't you think I've learned a trick or two with magic?" He retorted. I glared at him, but before I could make another move three of his men jumped me. I stabbed one with my dagger and blasted the other two away from me. "Neat trick" Gary nodded before waving to the rest of his men.