Chapter 10

After what had happened this morning we had all kept quite during our flight. Danny and I would talk occasionally, but Fern kept quite. I guess it was how she heals, she always did this after getting injured or betrayed. I wanted to speak with her, but I had no idea what to say.
"Man, you need to say something, look at her." Danny said noticing how Fern's body was tensed. "Ya, that's the easy part." I said sarcastically. He just rolled his eyes and spoke again. "Your the one that's in a relationship with her, you should be talking to her." I sighed looking down to the beautiful sea blue ocean. "From past experience, I have learned to wait for her to talk to me, not the other way around." I whispered before pulling away from him.
"Fern! Which way are we heading now?" Danny shouted making me face palm myself. "We need to head to the west islands, there I can find a friend who will be able to get us in and out of the Bone's island castle where Melody's parents are being held." She answered not taking a glance in our direction. "Why would The Bone King be holding, Elf's?" I asked before I could stop myself. "I don't have a very good past with The Bone King, plus he has always used my kind as toys." She answered with hatred and venom lacing her words. "Do you have any good history with any Kings?" Danny blurted out. "I have a good history with Jesse, thats one king." She laughed making me smile, happy that we loosened the mood. "Yuck!!" Danny gushed gaging.
We both bursted out laughing at his reaction, and playfully glared at him. "You guys disgust me!" He complained like a four year old making us both laugh harder.
Life couldn't get better, hanging with your friends, just going on a quest. Not to much danger lurking around the corner. That is until I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder. "Ahhh" I yelled looking to my shoulder to see a arrow piercing my skin.