"Not when a Luna trespasses on another Alpha's territory," he growled. "I have every right to kill you."

I briefly remembered Thaddeus mentioning this fact while he was teaching me about leadership within the pack. I tried to remember the layout of the map he had shown me of all the packs in the states. I hadn't taken into account the chances of running into other wolves on my last minute journey. Huffing a sigh, I came up empty, not remembering what pack I stumbled onto. In my defence, Thaddeus and I didn't finish my lessons. Realising I may not have any other way to get out of this, I used the mate card.

"My mate is Alpha Thaddeus of the Dark Moon's pack." 

Benjamin's eyebrows tilted up but he quickly became stoic. He remained quiet for a moment, as the she wolf from before crossed her arms over her chest. I wasn't sure if she was attempting to intimidate me but I knew I beat her to it because hearing my mates name, caused her to tense up. 

"I don't think he'd like that you killed his mate," I pressed on recklessly. I hoped deep down that my mates dangerous reputation still struck fear.

"Why are you here?" He asked after a moment.

I decided to tell the truth. "I'm going up north on pack business." 

"If a wolf from another pack is crossing through another packs territory, the Alpha is informed. I wasn't informed," he seemed suspicious. "I doubt an Alpha Male would let his Luna journey on her own."

I exhaled feeling fed up. "Look you can bother my mate about my whereabouts after but I have urgent pack business that can't wait. If I had known that I'd be entering your territory I would have informed you ahead of time. I stopped for gas and really wanted coffee for the long journey."

The she-wolf looked like she wanted to attack my head. I growled at her, this time taking a step forward. My wolf and I were on thin ice. Alpha Benjamin growled in return taking a few steps forward to defend his pack mate. I flicked my angry gaze towards him. Taking a note from Thaddeus's book, I kept my gaze levelled with the alpha, refusing to showcase any indecisiveness. 

We stared at each other aware of the stares we were getting from the strangers around us. After a moment, I nearly gave up until Benjamin's eyes gleamed, almost amused-like. Startled, I tilted my head to the side unsure of how to proceed. 

"My pack mates will follow you to be sure you leave our territory," he said. "But you leave now."

Hesitantly nodding, I turned my back on the two wolves and headed back into my car. I navigated out of the parking lot and made my way for the main road. Casting a quick glance behind me, I noticed both the alpha and the she-wolf had wandered off. That alpha just let us go. I was truly puzzled. 

Alpha Benjamin kept his word though because his fellow pack mates did linger. Although I couldn't see them, I could smell them nearby on the sides of the road. It wasn't until I was about ten or so miles out of town that their scents began to dissipate. They had finally decided to turn back around. This was something I would have to speak to Thaddeus or even Jay about when I got back home. 

I drove for another few hours until the sun began to fall. Deciding to find a place to rest for a few hours, I pulled into a motel just off the road. I surveyed my surroundings for other pack wolves and rogues as well. With the coast clear, I got out of the car with my belongings and grimaced.  My parking was still as bad as ever. 

Heading inside, I frowned at the stench of rotting eggs. The large clerk man at the front was reading a boring newspaper and failed to acknowledge my presence for some time. "Hey, I need a room." 

He sighed, lowering the newspaper and gave me a once over. "How long?"

"Just for the night," I pulled out Kelsey's wallet making a mental note to pay her back. I used her credit card, feeling a wave of guilt. The clerk gave me a key for the room and pointed to the direction of my room. He quickly went back to his newspaper but I sensed his gaze on my back. With a shutter, I hurried to find my room.