24 - That's Why It's Okay

Pete's POV

I couldn't believe it even though I saw it happening in front of my own eyes. Dan Reynolds, the guy that picked us up, that made us find Patrick... Everything was set up... Everything was a lie...

Those thoughts flashed through my mind within a second, because the next moment we had to run for our lives. 

I pushed Dan and Phil forward and started to run, towards the entrance of the abandoned hospital. Sadly, because of my horrifying clumsiness, I trip over my own goddamn feet

This is it, I think for a moment. I am actually going to be killed by my posessed boyfriend. I close my eyes, awaiting the pain I think is coming. But I feel no pain. Instead a mocking voice makes me open my eyes.

"You didn't think I was actually going to let you die?"

I immediately recognise the deep voice. I open my eyes and there he stands, blood on his hands and a confused looking Patrick with a wound on his forehead lying at his feet. 

Andy Biersack, he didn't leave us.

"What?", he says as he sees me staring. "He isn't dead or anything. But we need to run, right now".

He grabs my arm, helping me to stand up while I push Dan and Phil forward. We run inside the hospital with no idea where we have to go.

"What do we do now?", I shout over my shoulder to Andy who is running behind me.

"Just run!", he shouts back. "I don't care in which direction. As long as we're far away from that monster, we're all right!"

That makes me stop. I turn around, nearly cause him to run into me.

"He's not a monster", I say clearly.

"Pete, he tried to kill you! How are you still defending him?", Andy replies. "Your love for him is going to kill you in the end!"

"It already has once", I answer in a cold voice.

"You guys, stop it!", Phil shouts desperately, interrupting Andy who was about to get angry again.

"Fighting isn't going to help any of us", Phil continues. "All we need to do is try to get Lucifer out of Patrick's head and then kill that bast... St- stupid thing..."

"After all of this you still can't swear, Philly?", Dan laughs, placing a hand on Phil's shoulder. "He's right, though. I think the best we can do is split up..."

"Seriously?", I say. "When people do that in horror movies, you can be sure one of them dies!"

"I know, but it's the best chance we have! I suggest Pete and I go right while you two..." Dan nods at Phil and Andy.  "You two can go left".

"Fine", Andy mutters. "Come on."

"Wait", Phil says. He runs towards Dan and wraps his arms around him. He pushes his lips onto Dan's, embracing him into a passionate and long kiss. 

When he loosens his grip, Dan steps backwards, looking startled but with a clearly noticeable blush on his cheeks.

"What- what was that for?", he stutters.

"For if I don't see you again", Phil simply says

"No. Don't say that", Dan replies, almost angrily. "We will all make it out alive, I promise you that".

"Don't make promises you are not sure you can keep", Phil smiles sadly. "I have a really bad feeling about this..."

He leans forward for another, shorter kiss and then steps back.