1

Giselle POV:

Her jet black hair felt so soft. I could run my fingers through it all day. It smelt fresh and clean too, like flowers. That was to be expected, though. She always smelled nice and kept clean. Everything about her was perfect. Her captivating hazel eyes that never failed to make my stomach flip whenever we locked eyes. A straight nose over plump, pink kissable lips. Thick, plucked eyebrows that had the perfect arch. If I hadn't known her personally I could of sworn she just walked off a runway. She was tall, about 5'9'', and had a body to die for.

I, on the other hand, had mocha skin. I had plump, full, heart shaped lips, a little button nose, and light hazel eyes that sometimes could look dark. My hair style was always changing, but at the moment it was black. I was also 5'9''. I had curves, but I was skinny as well, thanks to all the time I spent working out.

I continued to run my fingers slowly through her hair as we sat in the courtyard during lunch. The noises of our friends surrounded me, but my concentration was on her. She had her head in my lap as I leaned against the school's wall while she talked among our friends. We normally sat like this during lunch, well not always with her on my lap, but she was always near me. I loved having her this close to me, even if she didn't feel the same way.

"Hey, Elle, what are you doing after school Friday," my friend Chris asked me.

He was on the football team and one of the popular kids. He didn't fit the typical stereotypes that came with being a football player and popular student. He was pretty smart and extremely nice. My friends often tell me that me and Chris would be a perfect couple. I think they only say that because he's black too. He is gorgeous. Green eyes, trimmed beard and mustache that made him look older than he was, a buzz cut, and a muscular body. He would have made the perfect boyfriend, I guess it's too bad I'm gay and in love with my best friend.

"Umm," I quickly glanced down at Rose on my lap but she wasn't paying any attention to my conversation, "Rose is coming over, it's our girls night." I felt her shift her head in my lap. I took my hands off of her hair.

"Yup, every other Friday is our girls night," she said. I looked down at her and smiled.

"Well, there's going to be a big party after the game at Matt's house, you two should come," he said. Her eyes lit up at the mention of Matt. I internally groaned. Matt wasn't terrible, its just that he is always trying to make a move on Rose. I'm not a hundred percent sure what they have going on because every time I bring up them having something, she denies it. She can't say yes to this party, we never cancel our girls night unless its for emergencies.

"Definitely, we'll be there. Right, Elle?" She looked up at me with puppy eyes.

I was shocked, slightly hurt, and a little jealous, but I could never say no to her. I didn't respond verbally, I shook my head yes and looked around the courtyard.

She squealed, "thanks, you're the best!"

"Alright, I'll let Matt know. We better get going, class is going to start in a few." He grabbed his backpack and walked off towards the school with our other friends following.

She got off my lap and helped pull me up. I wasn't sure what to say, I was upset at the fact that she canceled our girls night without asking me first.

"You're okay with going right? I mean, we always have our girls night, cancelling this one won't hurt," she turned to me.

"I-I," I really don't want to go. I'm not a fan of big parties and she knows that, plus I don't want to see her flirting with Matt all night, but I want to make her happy so if she wants to go then we'll go. "Yeah, it's fine."

"Great!" She squealed and pulled me in for a hug.

Yeah, great.

***********

I made my way to my car after school. On occasions I would hang out with my friends for a little while before heading home. As I walked to my car I spotted Rose. I made my over to her and stopped once I saw that she was with someone. Not just anyone though, Matt.

Quickly changing my directions, I headed back to my car, opened the door, and threw my bag in the back. I didn't want to go home yet, I needed to clear my mind.

Beyonce blasted through my car speakers as I drove to the park across town. When I was little I used to live in a house by the park. One day I went exploring in the park and found a spot where you could see the whole city. So now whenever I'm stressed or if I just want to be alone I'll come up here.

I parked and made my way up to the spot and sat down looking around. There were couples walking around the park or sitting down on the benches. I envied them, especially one couple in particularly. A man and a women who looked about middle aged. They were walking with their hands intertwined as the women rested her head on the mans shoulder. He turned his head and gave the top of her head a quick kiss. They looked so content in that moment. I wished I could have that. That bond with someone where you see all their imperfections and they see yours but it doesn't stop them from believing that you are the most perfect thing on the planet. Where the person can make you feel at home with their hugs and kisses. Being able to be yourself around them and not fear of any judgement. I want that. I want that with Rose.

She is home. She's my home. You know that feeling you'd get when you were little and it was Christmas time and you'd play in the snow then your parents would call you inside. You'd change into warm clothes and sip on hot chocolate while watching reruns of old christmas classics. That warmth you'd feel in your heart. That's how she makes me feel.

My phone started to vibrate in my pocket. I took it out. It was my mom. Sighing, I answered.

"Hello?"

"Giselle, where have you been? Its almost dinner time," she said. I could hear the TV on in the background and imagined my brother sitting down playing his video games.

"Sorry, I'm at the park. I lost track of time, I'll be home in a bit." I didn't want to go. This is the only place where I could get lost in my thoughts without being interrupted.

"Hurry back. I need you to watch London while I get everything set up." London's my new born baby sister.

"Sure thing, bye."

She hung up.

Hey! I'm not much of a writer but I'm going to try and write. My previous story only has like two chapters butthats because I over thought everything that I was writing. For this one I'm just going to write what I want and not overthink every sentence. I hope you'll enjoy it. Please vote and comment:)