Prologue

ENJOY! 

 I also would like to dedicate this story to my sister ladibugsweetz305. I love you.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I take off down the hall of our two story home with my brother Aiden hot on my tail. A guy comes out of a room ahead and begin sprinting full speed our way. I stop, rooted to my spot. The fear inside of me taking over. There was so much chaos going on and I wasn't prepared for it. Aiden grabs my hand and together we leap over the balcony railing landing on the living room floor smoothly.

Just as I sprint forward, I felt a slight pain in my chest. My body jerk backwards and connect with the fireplace behind me. A startled gasp escape my lips at the sudden impact, and I realize I was just kicked in the chest. My attacker smirked at me in triumph and slowly walks my way.

I jump to my feet and throw a vase at him which he easily slaps away. I go to run but he throws me back against the fire place. I look around for Aiden and see he's in full combat mode with three other guys. I'm officially on my own here. He wraps his long pale fingers around my throat and cuts off all airing immediately.

I feel my body being lifted off the ground as I fight and claw at his hands. “It took us some time to find you, but we did.” He smirks, holding me in mid-air. “And now today you die.”

I claw at his hands but there never loosen. I lift my leg and stomp down on the side of his knee. He buckles. I land with a thud, hitting my head on the fireplace. I reach for the poker next to me. “You little bitch.” He grabs my leg and pulls me back just as I reach it. I turn around quicker then he could react and jammed the thing into his right eye, exiting the back of his head.

His body went slump and I push him backwards before he could fall on me. I snatch the poker back using it as a defense weapon. I quickly run over to help Aiden who was now only battling one guy. I swing the poker connecting it with the side of the guys' head and he stumbles to the left. Aiden quickly uprights him and snaps his neck.

“Are you alright?” He asks stepping over the dead body.

I nod and take-off in the direction I hear Johari. We run out the back door. She was battling two people. A man and woman.

“Let me see this.” I hand the poker to Aiden. He throws it and hits the guy square in the back of the head killing him instantly.

The woman was caught off guard by the sudden death of her partner and the distraction cost her her life.

Johari retracts the poker from the man head. “How many left?” She ask running up to us.

I shrug. “Let's see. They're on the second floor.” She hands me the poker and we run back inside.

Using our speed we were up there in no time. My family was in the middle of a gruesome blood battle and it was all my fault. If only I had listened to Runako all those years ago. Well it's too late for that now. My main concern right now is surviving this or all of this running and hiding over the years would be for nothing.

I take off running with Jo and Aiden. I begin whacking the other guys with my poker catching them off guard and letting my family finish them off. Some I actually killed because at this moment its either kill or be killed. I was not about to die right now.

There was only two left. I turn the guy around sticking the poker in his chin and coming out the top of his head. Now there's only one guy left. He was scared shitless but he did his best to hide it.

“You might as well just kill me cause I'm not telling you shit.” He barks.

Nolan kicks the guy in the leg breaking it instantly. The guys cries out in pain and drops to the floor.

I kneel in front of him. “I already know who sent you and why.”

“So why am I still alive?” He ask furrowing his brows.

I hear Quade sigh deeply behind me. “Where the hell is Garrick?” He asks agitated.

The guy smirks. What is with them and that damn smirking. It's annoying as hell. Well on them at least. I smack his face and he looks back at me shocked. “Enough with that damn smirking it's pissing me off.” I hissed. “Just answer the damn question.”

He scowls at me. “You're all dead.”

All of a sudden the sound of cars soaring thru the neighborhood catches our attention. My vision turns burnt red and I already know what that means.

“Yes that would be Garrick.” The guy grins.

I take the poker and ram it into his head, silencing him. “We have to go now.”

I turn to see Jo and Runako had already started pouring gasoline all over the house.

“You guys head for the cars now.” Run yells.

The rest of us took off. As we ran towards the garbage, I stopped in the kitchen along the way. I pull out the gas stove lets the fumes from the pipes come out quicker.

“What the hell Azia?” Jo screams, running up to me. Runako not far behind.

Aiden you guys meet us at the corner.” I said to him telepathically.

Just as I pulled out my lighter, in burst thru the front door, the person who wants me dead, Garrick. We stared at each other for what felt like hours but I'm sure was only seconds. He grins at me making my blood run cold and I shivered.. He stopped in his tracks once he saw me flick on the lighter. I quickly throw it and run away with my family.

We hop in the truck and speed down the road. I turn around to see the house in a furious fire blaze. I sigh deeply and lean my head back. That was just too damn close.

Aiden wraps his arm around me and I lean into his embrace. “I'll always be there to protect you Z.” He breathes into my ear. “You know that right?”

I nod my head and snuggle closer to him. I knew my brother will always be there for me which is the main reason why I turned him. I was a bit shaken up because I never experienced anything like that in my life. I know eventually we will face them again but when the time comes I will make sure that I'm ready.