{Chapter 2}

Chapter 2

Enjoy! :)

Little Joey above. Imagine him with Silver eyes.

Rosaline jolted awake as the taxi came to a stop in the middle of her mothers U-shaped driveway and sleepily looked out the window to the house that she once knew.

It was a big bricked house similar to a mansion with a well-trimmed yard and plants that her mum would use-to love to take care of and a forest behind with all kinds of wild life.
It seems nothing changed as much on the outside except for a couple of statues that looked like they belonged in a museum and a big fountain, with an angel holding what looked like a baby to her chest and kissing it's head, that has been placed on the patch of grass that the U-shaped driveway goes around.

The taxi driver cleared his throat bringing her attention back to him and she quickly grabbed the money out of her pocket to pay him with, handing it over while thanking him and then stepped out with her luggage. Once she was safely on the path the taxi driver took off leaving dust behind making her cough a little.

She turned her sight back onto the house. So far so good.

She slowly began making her way down the path.

Halfway down it the door opens and a man who looked to be in his late forties in what looked like a butler suit came out and met her, taking the suitcase from her hands while she stood and looked upon him in shock.

He gave her a smile that almost looked like a grimace.
"Hello, miss. I am the family butler and I go by George. I have been assigned to show you to your room."

Shr could only blink. This is definitely new.

"Um, I think I know where my own room is." She replied silently as he turned his back to her and walked to the entrance.

She followed after him.

He held the door open for her reluctantly, as she could see, and she hesitantly stepped through it.
He closed it behind and made his way to the living room not looking back to see if she was following. She quietly followed him and once she entered the living room her jaw just about hit the floor.

It was definitely not the family room that she remembered.

Everything was different from the wallpaper, to the floor, to the couches and to the things hanging up on the wall. There was no pictures of Rosaline with her mom, dad and little brother. The only pictures were of her mother and Louis standing side by side with smiles on their faces and Joey in the front not looking too happy.

The room had a hunter theme to it with dead animal heads on the walls and skinned furs as carpet.

She looked around horrified and had the urge to run away screaming.

The butler cleared his throat causing her eyes to move over to him. He raised an eyebrow at her horrified expression and gave her an impatient look before turning around, indicating for her to follow him, and walking up one of the two sets of stairs in the huge living room. Rosaline followed deciding that she would try not to look around the house in fear of having a panic attack for seeing all of the unwelcome changes that were suppose to be what her mother called 'little'.

As they went down the different hallways she swore that if her bedroom wasn't how she left it then somebody, mainly her stepfather Louis, was going to pay.

They reached her door, or what she supposed was her door since it was now an ugly pink color with her name on it which was spelled wrong, and the butler opened it while she crossed her fingers. As she looked inside carefully she let out a breath of relief.
Nothing has changed except for her king sized bed that had different bed sheets and the drapes of her windows which were surprisingly of her favorite color red. Her family pictures were still in the same place as were her chairs and anything else that she left behind. She quickly went and looked into her bathroom and closet to see them the exact same except for some fancy clothes added to the ones she left behind. Looks like her mother took the hint and left her room alone even though she's pretty sure Louis made the little changes with her door just to piss her off more.

The butler sat down her luggage by the door getting her attention and addressed her.
"If you need anything else feel free to press this button," He pointed to a button on the wall by the door that she didn't notice before. "and either I or a maid shall bring you whatever you need or assist you as required. Feel free to do as you please."

He slightly bowed, once again seeming reluctant to do so, and then left Rosaline to her own devices.

As he closed her door George thought to himself how his king would love to have a beauty such as the one in the room. The last he heard of his king was that he was looking for another pet. Maybe if he and his master could hand the girl off to him and he likes her then the king would let them go and be at the castle for the royalty and upgrade their positions of the Werewolf Community instead of him being a butler to those pitiful humans and his master having to consort with them.

George smirked to himself and set off to tell his master of the idea.

Rosaline sighed as George closed the door. She was pretty sure he didn't like her one bit or maybe he's just a grumpy man and normally like this.

She just wants to get this visit over with so that she can go back to looking for her father.

She bit her lip and looked over at her baggage and then looked to her bed.

She might as well put her things up and rest a little bit to gain some energy before she has to go and meet the 'Family'.

She looked over at the digital clock on one of the nightstands by the bed to see the time was around five in the morning. Everybody else was still most likely asleep so she still had some time to herself.
She walked over to her baggage and got started making sure to first put the picture of her family on the dresser where she could see it clearly.

It's good to see what real happiness looks like when she wakes up in the mornings.

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE