"Birthday boy"

\Tayla\

"I'm so glad you made it!" Malak's grandmother hugged me tightly. "I couldn't miss my bestie's birthday!" I chuckled.

"Malak went out with a couple of friends but he'll be back soon" she smiled warmly while wiping her hands on her apron.

"Okay , do you need any help?" I questioned sitting down. "No I'm just finishing his cake..he's gonna love it his mother used to make it all the time when he was a baby" she sighed.

No one ever talked about her since her death. She was so special to Malak and when she left he shut everyone out.

I haven't seen him since then and tonight had me really nervous. "I'm back!" Malak shouted bluntly.

"I'm in the kitchen!" His grandmother shakes her head as he walked into the kitchen. "Who's this?" He looked at me with such disgust.

My heart shattered into pieces how could he not remember. "Remember tayla Becky's daughter?".

He sipped his drink "nah doesn't ring a bell I'm going up to my room" he walked passed me without another word.

I wanted to cry but crying would've made the situation more  awkward.

She sighed as their was knock on the door"Where's malak?" The girl asked walking in. "Upstairs no funny business" she warned. "Who's that?" I questioned

"His little girlfriend they've been going out for awhile now" i felt my eyes start to swell. "Oh.." I plastered a smile.

The party began an hour later I didn't want to be rude and leave so I stayed for a little. Sitting in the corner everyone had a good time.

As I sat trying to enjoy myself his girlfriend and her group of friends walked up to me. "I'm Chanel" she smiled.

"Tayla" I went to shake her hand but she pulled away. "Who are you? never seen you around" she looks at me up and down.

"Malak''s bestfriend" I smile, they giggled loudly "yeah right...He doesn't even remember you just stay away!" She pushes me to the ground.

I wasn't the type to fight so I just got up and headed for the door. "Look at her!" They chuckled. I cried as I walked back to my hotel room.

I couldn't believe What happened today my bestfriend forgot who I was and I was just humiliated by his girlfriend this night couldn't get any worse!.

_________________________

Well that escalated quickly😂u

You'll be here soon if Imani is adding you in the book😋

Chapter made by-yungtiller_ known as urbangoddes12