Chapter 16

BIG NEWS! I started a Tronnor (Troye Sivan and Connor Franta) story! So you should all go check that out because I'm really excited for it and I'm planning on updating everyday (we'll see).

This chapter is basically half fluff and half pure band nerdiness, so I'm sorry if you aren't in band. Song for this chapter is Youth by Troye Sivan because that song is basically my anthem right now. I don't own anything.

Once the entirety of the band was off of all three buses the struggle to put together instruments and find plumes from a various mom or dad had begun. Jude and I and were a bit rushed due to the fact that we had spent a little longer on the bus then what we should have. As I retrieved my neck strap and mouthpiece from my case I heard a loud sigh and then a small 'shit' escape my boyfriend's voice.

"What's wrong babe?" I asked, concerned that something had gone terribly wrong if Jude was cussing in front of a large group of people, including several adults.

"Con you know I love it when you call me that but there's a lot of people around and we've already almost been outed today."

While I'm sure Jude didn't mean to come across the way he did I couldn't help but notice a slightly annoyed tone that wavered in his words. I began to feel a slight shade of red creep up my cheeks at the mistake I had made in front of potentially the whole band. At first I didn't really notice but eventually I looked up enough see to Jude mimicking my blushing actions.

Leaning over to whisper in my ear in a way that hopefully looked nothing but platonic Jude said, "But trust me baby I definitely like it when you give me nicknames and I'm sorry I sounded annoyed it's just that I broke my reed and don't have another."

The next thing Jude did surprised me in a way I never thought he would do. Before pulling his lips from my ear, the boy I called mine cupped my ear as if he was telling me something that absolutely nobody else could hear and then proceeded to kiss my head in several places all while maintaining his whispering act. While I didn't mind what Jude had done or find it that wild (preorder Blue Neighborhood by Troye Sivan, sorry wrong fandom, but still do it) it's just that Jude's simple act had taken me by surprise and yet I loved it more than I could have ever imagined.

Leaning back Jude sighed and said aloud this time, "So do you have an extra reed I can borrow or should I go talk to somebody else in the section?"

"Don't worry about it, I've got one." I said simply, trying to let the butterflies in my stomach subside.

. . .

After the band had been rounded up we made our way to the stands with our instruments in hand. Making our way to the very top of the bleachers I noticed several upperclassmen yelling at underclassmen to stop their complaining about the combination of the heat and the fact that for the next two hours our only entertainment would be other various drumlines and color guards. Finding two empty seats next to each other I soon realized I was sitting next to none other than Lauren Conrad, the very girl who was known for nothing other than having a major crush on me for as long as anybody can remember. Sighing I stood up and peered around the rest of the bleachers and was sad to find that were no more empty seats that I could find. Normally I wouldn't have made such a big deal out of the situation but I really just wanted the day to be about Jude, and I didn't want to have to explain to Jude or anybody else why I was being so cold to Lauren.

Jude must have noticed my unease from the constant concerned glances he gave me because soon he grabbed on to my wrist that was set in-between our two seats.

"Hey are you okay? You look so tense." Jude said softly, his eyes laced with worry and concern that warmed my heart.

Not wanting to explain I simply nodded my head and shot my boyfriend a small smile, one that would assure him I was okay.