Chapter 6

Okay so I'm starting a playlist for this fic, which I'm super excited for! So in the media thing is the song for this chapter, and below I will put a list for the songs for the previous chapters. Thanks!

Jude was the first to pull away from the soft, sweet kiss. I took a second before opening my eyes, trying to make the flawless moment Jude and I had shared last as long as possible. Afraid to meet Jude's mesmerizing eyes I kept my gaze locked to the ground.

"Connor?"

I looked up to see Jude trying to suppress the charming smile that leaked over from the previous kiss. I responded to Jude's grin with a smile of my own. "That was really nice." I almost whispered.

"Yeah, it was. So what does this mean though?"

I let Jude's words bounce around in my head. Did this mean Jude was my boyfriend? Just the thought of putting that label on Jude made my heart skip a beat. I imagined Jude and I hanging out at the beach, or sitting in the movies with our hands clasped together. I let myself think of late night conversations over skype, along with cute quirky texts during class. I felt my lips stretch until my face started to feel strained and then stuttered slightly before answering the smaller boy. "Well Jude, would you uhhh... like to.... I don't know... maybe be my... boyfriend?"

The fear that I held inside was released when Jude took a step forward, deleting the little space there was between us and pulled me into a hug. "Yeah I would love that." Jude's face set on my shoulder and I could practically feel the happiness radiating off of him. I began to pull away from the embrace, only to give Jude another slight peck on the cheek.

"Can I tell you something?" I said, pulling on the sleeve of my uniform.

"Yeah of course." Jude said very enthusiastically. I had to say that this was a side of Jude that had never shown through before. It was as if before the meaningful kiss that we had shared Jude had tried harder than he ever needed to. But now that I was seeing the real Jude I couldn't help but fall even harder. Giggling at Jude's enthusiasm I continued on with what I was saying before. "Well, would you consider me a complete dork if I said that, that was my first kiss?"

I watched as Jude's eyebrows rose and a surprised expression coated his face. "Wait, are you serious? No way!"

Feeling self-conscious at Jude's reaction I once again hid my face, something I did way too much around Jude. "Yeah I know I'm a loser." I said I felt the heat rise up in my cheeks.

Jude's eyebrows went in the opposite direction this time, furrowing down in confusion. "You aren't a loser Connor, you're the opposite. " He reassured me. "It's just that I had assumed you were the kind of guy who had kissed lots of girls, and had a lot of girlfriends. Honestly I never even thought that you would be gay."

"I never really thought I was, I mean I guess I just never really found boys or girls attractive, that was until I met you."

Pulling a trick from my book, Jude looked down, obviously trying to avoid that crimson color that could be found on his cheeks. A few moments of awkward silence passed between the two of us before Jude finally looked up again, this time taking in more than my eyes. "Just to let you know, that was umm, my first kiss too."

Not really knowing how to respond I just smiled at Jude and let my mind wander once again to all the possible scenarios I had imagined before, some of which were no longer a fantasy. Letting my train of thought drift to happy places only lasted until reality came crashing down on me. My dad. If he ever found out, he would keep me and Jude away from each other, and do who knows what else to me. He had made it very clear that I was not under any circumstances gay.