Chapter 17: Where am I?

The last thing Tera can remember is seeing headlights and a tree and a loud bang. Then everything went completely black. 

"Mum, dad, is that you?" Asks Tera as she sees the figures of her parents in her front of her.

She was standing in the middle of a crossroad. Her parents were down one street with a bright light behind them and the other street had a faint figure of Stormy staring at her.

"Sweetie you are in danger, you need to wake up," replies her mother. 

"Mum, you can't be here."

"Yes darling waking up, you need to. You and Storm are in grave danger," says her father.

"But you are dead. Mummy, daddy, I miss you so much," as she begins to cry.

"Yes sweetie, we did die but you have to choose to live right now. We miss you and your sister so much. Just remember we love you and will always be watching over you. But for now we need you to wake up and fight with your sister against the evil," says her mother.

"I want to stay with you. I want to spend more time with you both. I can't go back. I can't live without you."

"Darling, you have to choose to live. You have to go back to Stormy. You need to band together and fight the evil," yells her mother as she starts to fade.

I don't want to live. I want to stay with my parents. Why can't they just let me stay with them? Thinks Tera, as she starts to walk towards the bright light and her fading parents.

"Wake up now darling," says her father.

She opens her eyes and wakes up to find herself lying on the side of the road. The road was hard against her back. Her head was pounding and she could taste something metallic in our mouth. She spits and a splutter of fresh blood comes out. She feels her face and feels a 3cm graze along her right cheek. She pulls her hand back and notices heaps of blood trickling down her hand.

How did I get here? Where's Seth? Where's the guy from the middle of the road? My head hurts, it feels like a truck has ran over it. It hurts to breath, my right leg hurts. I need to get help, thinks Tera as she starts to get up but can't.  

"Where am I?" she says aloud.

No one responds, she turns her head slightly to the side and notices that there is some guy watching her over on the other side of the road.

"Hey you, help me please?"

The guy looks at her and maliciously laughs. She tries to get herself up again but as she tries to push herself up with her arms she get a sharp pain down her right side and her arms start shaking.  She lies there wondering why her body is aching, with her left cheek pressed against the road surface and her arms flat down by her side. She tries to move her right leg but every time she feels an aching pain.

Tera closes her eyes and replays what just happened but all she can remember was seeing the headlight and then a tree. Everything after that was black but she can vaguely remember seeing her mum and dad, who were telling her to wake up that she and Stormy were in danger and that they had to fight evil. Tera opens her eyes and again, turns her head to the other side, cringes through the pain and notices the car's front end slammed into the tree.

"Seth," she screams, as she can't see him.

"Seth Seth Seth," she screams again as she attempts to pull herself up.

This time she pushes through all the pain and gets herself up. She slowly walks over towards the car, hobbling all the way over in agonising pain. Tera looks at the guy over the other side of the road and sees him coming over. She tries to use her power to push him back but it doesn't work. She grabs hold of the back of the car and tries with all her might to push him back. But it still isn't working.