Chapter 15: Accidents Happen

Why does she always have to be such a bitch to me, she is all I have left and she hates me. I even hate myself after what I did with Mr. Harvard. Stormy will hate me even more if she knew the truth about it all, thinks Tera as she stares into space.

She snaps out of it and searches for Seth. She finds him out near the entrance to the deck. "Want to get out of here? I don't want to be here anymore since Stormy hates me," announces Tera.

"Sure babe, let's go for a drive," replies Seth as he grabs Tera by the hand and leads her back through all the partygoers.

Tera stops at the door and looks back inside to see Connor and Oscar comforting Bailey, Toby standing all gloomy like against the stairs and Stormy flirting with Jake at his mixing tables.

"Come on, let's go!" Exclaims Seth.

"Yes, let's get out of her," replies Tera as she takes his hand and goes towards the elevators.

Tera slumps to the back of the elevator and begins to cry. Seth comforts her and tells her, "Everything will be alright. I will make you forget everything about tonight."

The elevator reaches the ground floor and Tera has stopped crying in Seth's arms.

"My car is out the front," says Seth as he leads Tera out of the elevator into the lobby.

"Okay but can we please hurry up and leave," as she kisses him.

"For you anything," says Seth as he leads her outside to his car.

Seth unlocks his car, opens the door for Tera and speeds off down the road.

"Seth, how much have you had to drink tonight?" Asks Tera as she starts to realize that it was a bad idea to get in the car.

"Yes, I had about three or four beers," replies Seth.

"Stop the car," yells Tera.

"No not in the middle of the street. Calm down, I am a safe driver,"  as he speeds up a bit.

"Seth stop the car now,"  as she grabs on to the peeling dash board.

"Just wait until we are up the road a bit more."

"Seth please stop now. I don't want you to have an accident. I don't want to die young. I don't want to," cries Tera.

"Tera, why would I crash?" Probes Seth as he speeds up a bit more and starts to drift near the middle of the road.

"My parents were killed in a car accident three months ago on my birthday," cries Tera.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know I will stop up ahead," says Seth, as it was not safe for him to pull over anywhere.

"Please stop now," pleads Tera.

"In a minute. Over the hill I will stop where it is safe. Why have you changed back to your normal self? I like the more flirty side of you."

"Because I'm scared and something doesn't feel right!" 

"Tera, you don't need to be scared. You will be fine. You are safe with me," reassures Seth.

"Just please stop," she pleads as she turns and faces him with tears streaming down her face.

"Fine, just let me get over this hill and away from all these cars," says Seth as he speed up even more. He wanted to get over the hill quickly.

Tera grips her hands firmly on the dashboard whilst Seth speed up over the hill. On the way down from the hill Tera notices a figure standing in the middle of the road.