Chapter 3: Jobs, boys and mistakes

"Tera, see you at home," says Stormy, as she watches the back of her sister's head exit the store.

Stormy isn't having much luck in the job front, been to at least 20 different stores and only 10 of the stores were willing to take a copy of her resume.

Her rumbling stomach is what brought her into this quaint little restaurant. She notices a little music store just down the road and decides after she has something to eat, she will see if they would have any job vacancies.

She has always had a love for music over the years, probably due to the fact that she is always at parties and always throwing parties during high school. Perks of having loving parents' and being extremely popular. On the other hand it can be because her parents' were always forcing her and Tera to have dance and piano lessons as young children.

Stormy quickly orders herself a Steak Burger with a Banana Smoothie. She plops herself down in a booth near the window and pulls out her left over resumes. Before she left the apartment this afternoon she prints out roughly thirty copies of her resume, in the hope of handing them all out but in reality only had twenty left.

Stormy thinks to herself; I don't want to work in the food industry but its worth a try to see if they will take my resume. I will take any job I can get at this point.

The lady who serves Stormy brings over her order and says, "Here you go sweetie."

Stormy queries, "Thank you. Quick question, am I able to hand my resume in here?"

"You surely can. Resumes are always welcomed," smiles the lady.

"Well here it is," as she passes over a resume.

As the lady takes Stormy's resume, she cheerily responds, "Thank you, I will put this with all the other resumes."

With that the lady walks away and Stormy digs into her food. Her steak burger is nearly as big as the glass her banana smoothie is in. Stormy loves her steak burgers.

It doesn't take Stormy long to eat her food before she leaves; she takes her plate back up to the counter and thanks the lady for her meal once again. Stormy quickly leaves the store and heads down the road to the little music store.

While walking down to the music store, she decides to send Bailey and Tera a quick text saying: I will pick up a pizza on the way home tonight and grab the notebook. We can have a chill night and just relax. Have a d'n'm about our afternoons as well? Love you, S xxx.

Bailey replies first saying: Sure can't wait see you when you get home. <3. Then Tera writes a short reply saying: Can't wait babes, love you xx. Stormy is now facing the window of the music store, as she pulls out a resume from her bag; crosses her fingers and pushes the door open.

Stormy walks straight up to the main counter, hits the bell and says, "Anyone back there?"

Some guy from behind her says, "No but someone's right out here."

"Oh sorry, are you looking for new staff?" Asks Stormy.

"Why are you asking? Didn't you see the sign on the front window that we are hiring?" Probes the guy who works at the music store.

"Actually I didn't but with that here is my resume," as she puts her resume in front of him.

"Oh that's cute but what makes you think I will take your resume," replies the guy.

"Well let's see I know a lot more about music than you do and I'm pretty certain I could do a better job than you are," cheekily replies Stormy.

"Is that right? If you think that how about a job trial for the rest of the day?" Questions the guy as he takes her resume.