Chapter 2: New Opportunities

Whilst walking towards the café, Tera thinks, I just kissed him. I never kiss guys first. Tera reaches the café and grabs four cokes out of the fridge. "Just these thanks," says Tera as she puts the cans on the counter.

"That will be fifteen dollars and twenty cents, thanks," says the café waitress.

"Here you go," says Tera as she hands the money over to the waitress.

Tera picks up the drinks and starts to walk out of the café but halts as she notices a sign on the bulletin board. The sign was a job advertisement for a personal assistant opening at a law firm. Tera pulls the sign down and takes a seat at a table near the front window.

"Are you interested in that job cutie?" asks some guy standing behind her.

"Yeah, it sounds interesting. Hope they're still looking."

"Hi. I'm Michael Harvard, that job advertisement is still available," says Mr. Harvard, as he holds out a hand.

"Hello Mr. Harvard, I'm Tera Montgomery and how do you know that the job is still available?" asks a curious Tera.

Mr. Harvard takes a seat down next to her, "Nice to meet you Tera, the reason I know why the job is still available is because it's for my personal assistant at my firm."

"Oh, your law firm? Does that mean you are the lawyer there?" asks Tera.

"Yes and do you have any certificates in business?" asks Mr. Harvard.

"Actually I have my Cert 2 in Business, Communication and Technology," replies Tera.
"Ah I see, are you capable of completing tasks when given?" asks Mr Harvard.
"Yes sir I am," replies Tera.
"Are you looking for a job?" asks Mr Harvard.

"Yes, I was going to start looking for a job tomorrow as I just moved here," replies Tera.
"Well how about a job trial for this afternoon?" asks Mr. Harvard.

"Sure, that sounds good to me," replies Tera.

"Be at my office by 2 pm," replies Mr. Harvard as he hands her a business card with  the law firms address on it. She nods and takes the business card from him.

He gets up from the table and leaves, whilst walking away he turns around and says, "See you this afternoon, Tera."

"Bye Mr. Harvard," as she watches him walk away from her. Tera gets down from the table and heads back towards the beach.

"Why so happy Tera?" asks Stormy as Tera approaches everyone.

"I have a job trial this afternoon."

"Really where?" asks Stormy.

"I was walking out of the café and noticed a sign on the bulletin board for a personal assistant job, then some guy came up to me, the job was advertised for his new assistant. He asked me if I would like to do a job trial this afternoon, so I accepted straightaway."

"Congrats, I'm going to hand resumes out this afternoon," replies Stormy.

"You will find a job Storm, what's the time?" asks Tera.

"It's about 1 why?" asks Stormy.

"Just curious, I might start heading home. Have to be at my trial at 2. Do you want me to grab some take away for dinner after I'm finished?" asks Tera.

"Sure, pizza sounds great. Toby, do you know any good pizza places?" asks Stormy to Toby.

Toby looks up at Stormy and replies, "Yeah, there is Augello's Ristorante & Pizzeria."