Prologue

3 MONTHS AGO

"Stormy, wake up!" cries Tera. Stormy and Tera Montgomery are twins, but not just any twins; they were born into a family of witches that date back as far as the Salem,1692. Today should be a normal boring school day for the twins; but it's not as it is their special day. It's the day that their full powers come in to effect, or in a normal world; their 18th birthday. The girl's powers are complete opposite in every way, making them clash constantly. Stormy has the power of destruction; everything she touches just destructs or goes into a complete mess. Tera on the other hand has the power of the earth's creation; she can use all of the earth's elements- air, fire, the earth itself and water.

"Stormy get up now, mum's not going to wait forever!" Tera yells at Stormy's zombified shape.

"Tera! I'm up. Are you happy now?" yells back Stormy as she managed  to roll out of bed.

"Yes I am now. Before I forget- Happy Birthday Stormy," sing-songs a cheerful Tera. Stormy rolls her eyes as she does her daily sniff test of clothes to determine what is wearable. Stormy doesn't really care that today is her birthday, it's not like she is going to get what she wants.

"Stormy, Tera, can you two please come down stairs. Your father and I have something to give you", yells their mother from down stairs.

"Coming mum!" Tera yells in reply as she slips her cute floral school bag over her shoulder.

"I will be down when I'm ready," grumbles a semi-dressed Stormy. Stormy couldn't really give a damn what it is- it's not going to be the black Chevy Camaro she has been wishing to get for.

"Stormy get down stairs now!" yells the twin's father. Stormy frantically pulls up her ripped skinny jeans, chucks on one of her ex's boyfriend tee-shirts and maneuvers her brown locks into a messy bun. Does a quick mirror check to confirm everything is as it should be. She slings her purple skull school bag over her shoulder and dashes down stairs to join her sister and parents for the dreaded morning birthday wishes.

"Now girls, we got you both separate presents for your birthday this year, but before we give them to you we need to have a chat about what today actually means," explains their mother.

"Mum, we are 18 and legal to drink. So, if you don't mind, I ain't going to school today. If you want me, I will be at the pub," says Stormy.

"Stormy Hope Montgomery, you are going to school and if I find you at the pub, you're grounded. You may be 18 but you are still living under my roof! You will follow my rules, and that is final!" states their father. Stormy rolls her eyes and walks away from the kitchen.

"Sit back down missy, your mother wants to talk to the pair of you before you get your presents."

"Mum what do you want, I have places to be and this isn't one of them. Hurry up and tell us what you want."

"Stormy, don't speak to mum like that," Tera shot back with her angry glare.

"Okay, well as you both know that you are 18 today and are legal to do things that your father and I don't approve of you doing. But in saying that, being 18 means your full powers come into effect. You  both have to be more careful now, especially you Stormy," their mother explains with a pointed look at Stormy.

"Mum, I fully understand, I will keep an eye on Stormy," says Tera. The goody-goody.

"Is that all you wanted to tell us?" asks Stormy as she flicks her hair back over her shoulders. Their mother could always tell when Stormy is growing impatient, luckily she knew her other daughter would never act like that.