Chapter 9:Office Mischief

While Stormy is busy cleaning the apartment with the help of Toby, Tera is getting ready to get lunch for Mr. Harvard. Tera knocks on his door and asks, "Would you like some lunch?"

Mr. Harvard looks up from his files, "Yes, that would be lovely Tera. Care to join me for lunch today? It could give us a chance to start over again."

Tera smiles at him, "Sounds good to me. What would you like for lunch? Sushi again?"

"Oh no, not sushi. I can only eat that in small amounts a week. I have only just started to tolerate eating it. Could get me a steak burger and a bottle of coca cola?" Asks Mr. Harvard as he goes back to looking at his deposition files.

"I can surely get you a burger. I will be back in twenty minutes," responds Tera as she leaves his doorway.

Tera picks up her handbag and starts to walk out of the office building. As she opens the main doors, there is Oscar about to enter the building.

"Hey Tera, are you okay?" asks Oscar.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm so sorry about cancelling last night," replies Tera as she stands in reception with Oscar.

Oscar observes her, "That's okay. I know how hard it is to say no to Mr. Harvard."

"How do you know that it is hard to say no to him?" Probes Tera.

"I know him personally. That's all I can say. Since you cancelled last night, did you maybe want to give it another go tonight or do you have plans?" Questions Oscar.

"I don't think tonight will work. My sister and I are chucking to a house warming party, so we are doing some last minute planning tonight. Hey, why don't you come to the party?" as she pushes on the main entrance door.

"That would be fun. Texting me the details."

Tera smiles and leaves the office to go down the street to get some lunch.

As she strolls down the street, she sends Stormy a quick text saying: Hey Storm, hope you are enjoying your morning. Talk tonight at the party? Love you, T xx. 

She puts her phone down and notices a shadow following her. Tera turns around and nothing is there. Hmm, that's odd. I swear that was a shadow I saw, thinks Tera as she notices a semi-dead flower in the front of a florist. She walks over, looks over her shoulder to see if there is anyone around as she realises there is no one there.

She starts to chant "Grow little one, it shall be done. Grow petals; deflect metals that may hurt you. Grow as good as new," as she waves her hands over the flowers.

It takes a few minutes but the flowers begin to start to change color and liven up.  Tera smiles and back on her way to get lunch. She barely ever uses her powers in public, but she can't stand to see beautiful flowers die.

Tera has only ever used her power for good. She loves that her power involves the earth's energy. She can easily make fireballs, water spouts, make small tornados and resurrect things. 

Tera would always use her power to resurrect birds when they would hit the windows, her mother would always tell her not to but she never listened. She always had to save everything and let everything get a second chance in life.

Their mother would always tell them not to use their powers out in public, as it was never safe. The girls never understood why it was never safe for them to use their powers in public. Of course Stormy would always defy their mothers rules and Tera would always abide by her mother rules. Tera was always afraid of disappointing their mother; she excelled in everything from school to magic. She was always impressing her mother and making her so proud.  Stormy on the other hand loved to disappoint their mother; she just coasted through school and used her powers for fun.