twenty two-i'm not okay

"well if you wanted honesty that's all you had to say. i never want to let you down or have you go, it's been so rough this way."
~My Chemical Romance

Chapter Twenty Two- I'm Not Okay

A week had gone past after the court case and after Georgia left our school. The whole school had been talking and gossiping about the reason why she just suddenly left but none of them seemed to know the real reason. We didn't dare tell anyone either. For Lauren's sake. So day after day, we endured rumours that went around as to what happened and some of them actually made us laugh. But after a week has gone past, Lauren was over it and we decided that if she was then we all should as well too.

Today was the last day of school for the year and all students from our year were going on a field trip to the museum. It sounded kinda boring but I'm sure Tom would find a way to make it fun. That was one of his most charming qualities.

Speaking of Tom, we had also been hanging around each other a lot these days. He came over to my house quite often and we just sat around and talked or put on a movie. It didn't feel the same though. I wasn't sure if what I felt for him was something I felt for all my friends or something more. I guess I would find out soon since he planned a date for us on the weekend.

I also asked my mum if she could come home early this afternoon so we could have dinner and hopefully talk. That's when I would tell her everything. Resolve the unresolved.

But for now, I was just going to have fun and forget about everything for the day.

+++

As soon as we arrived at the school, the teachers made us sit on the oval so they could put us in class groups and ship us off onto the buses that were waiting in front of the school.

It sucked that Tom, Lauren and Lola were in different history classes from me and Hunter but we were told that any requests to change groups were not permitted by our teacher. I groaned in frustration.

Hunter smirked in my direction, "Do you hate me so much that you can't even spend a few hours with me?" He asked, a hint of playfulness in his tone.

I rolled my eyes, "Exactly."

"Well, I'm quite happy I'm stuck with you to be honest." He shrugged and gave me a smile. Before I could say anything back, which probably would've been a sarcastic jab, our group was called up to board the bus. I mentally cursed him for making me flustered and my cheeks heat up by his words. Stupid asshole.

Hunter chose a seat near the back and of course expected me to take the spot next to him.

"Yeah, no. I think I'll just sit by myself here." I told him as I sat in the empty seats behind him.

He chucked, "Oh come on Katie. Don't be like that." He said as he stood up to come sit next to me.

"Oh joy." I muttered under my breath.

Turned out the trip sitting next to Hunter wasn't too horrible. He handed me an earbud and let me choose the songs. It was safe to say that I was quite excited because when I saw just how many albums of bands he had on his phone, I freaked.

"You have every My Chemical Romance album?" I asked him, my eyes wide. "And every single album by Mayday Parade. Oh my god."

"Now you like me." Hunter muttered as he rolled his eyes then closed them completely. He looked so peaceful as if he was asleep.

I bit my lip and blushed slightly at his words since yes, I did in fact like him. But then I shook the thought away because I was supposed to like Tom.