seven-hey! we ok

"We're who we are so don't you think that you can call us freaks, or geeks, or lame, we walk our own way. Hey, hey we're ok, we're superstars the ones you know as total fuck ups and we're proud of it."
~Never Shout Never

Chapter Seven- Hey! We Ok

Tom shuffled his feet quickly to catch up with me, "What just happened?" He asked. "Did the asshole just ask us to hang out with him?"

I was surprised too but decided to not to say that, "Mm hm." I mumbled. The rest of the group were behind us. I had decided to leave as quickly as possible before Mike asked me more questions. I was still walking briskly and quickly.

I felt someone grab my hand, "Katie, wait." I looked behind to see that it was Hunter. "I know how hard that was for you. I know you're still scared of losing them but it'll be okay."

He was looking at me intently and I looked back mirroring his expression, "I'm not scared. I-I'm just surprised because I always thought he was only with me because of Georgia's group." I told him but then my eyes wandered to where his hand was, still holding onto mine. Hunter realised as well and quickly took snatched his hand away.

He coughed awkawardly, "Okay. But... Thanks. For not ditching us this time."

Tom cheered and slung his arm around me, "Now you gotta do the same thing with Georgia, spawn of satan." He said. I laughed but all I could think of was how different Tom's touch was from Hunter's. Why did it feel different with Hunter?

+++

After our little run in with Mike, we decided to all head home. Hunter and Lauren lived near the city but Tom and Lola lived surprising my near my area so we got to walk together for a bit.

Lola linked arms with me and said, "Hunter has a crush on you."

I looked at her like she was crazy, "Yeah, nice joke. I don't think so Lola." I told her. Jeez, this girl was good at giving me heart failure. She said is so calmly and suddenly as well.

Tom decided to contribute to the conversation, "Oh yes he does. It's so goddamn obvious." He said laughing. "I'm surprised you haven't noticed yet."

I was completely lost, "But he looked like he could happily tear me apart up until yesterday." I stated.

"See that's the thing," Lola said thoughtfully. "He's never acted that way with anyone. He's always tried to make himself invisible to everyone else. But with you-"

"He went full on visible, man." Tom finished off for her. "He told me about the Mike situation at the hospital. He never would've done that for anyone else you know."

Lola sighed, "It's a shame you like that other soccer player. He is extremely good looking though." She smiled at me.

Tom laughed, "He's nothing compared to Hunter. Right, Katie?" He gave me a mischievous grin. He was trying to get me to say that he was hot so he can go blab it to Hunter.

I waved my hand, "This is me. See you guys tomorrow!" I chirped and ran into the house before Tom could ask me anything else.

+++

It was Monday again and usually I would feel like taking a sick day because I just didn't feel like dealing with Georgia and co. But today, I smiled as I remembered that I had another, better, group to call my own. I jumped out of bed to get ready.